• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

50 Unexplainable Photos

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by LizzieMaine, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. Those are fascinating!
    Where to start? A very justifiable homicide? Look at those smiles.
  3. That's what happens when you keep a grizzly bear in the bedroom.
  4. Alot of those make me question some of the peoples sanity.
  5. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

I wonder if any are photoshopped?
  6. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Jeebers... Seems like these photos come from a file labeled "The Case for Prohibition."
  7. Tiller

Tiller Practically Family

A few look like those cards that you would get after a freak show.

Then some are proof that crazy art pictures weren't invented in the 60's.

The rest are just different lol.

lol. Could very well be! Watch out for Mr. Booze!
  8. That skeleton fellow gets around.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  9. Tiller

#35 Makes me smile for some odd reason.

#26 Looks like a prop from the tv show Home Improvement lol.
  10. Doc Average

Doc Average One of the Regulars

Number 49 looks frighteningly like a New Year's Eve party at The Overlook Hotel... :eek:
  11. [​IMG]

Spuds Mackenzie the Early Days.
  12. [​IMG]

They put the saw in so you know it is actually a boy. :p
  13. Tiller

Either that or Spuds' more dignified father Sport, and his uncle Skeeter :p.
  14. While looking at photo# 12 I couldn't help wonder what is worse.. the photo being real or the brainstorm to photoshop those two images together.
  15. Looks like they have outfits on the back of their chairs too. They might get cold when they stager home I guess. :p
  16. I've seen some absolutely bizarre photos from the 1890s to the 1920s and it's really a window into the reality of the times. People always assume that Victorian people were stuffy and had no sense of humor, photos like these disprove that myth.
  17. 12 is obviously "Harlan Sanders -- The Early Years." It explains the entire later course of the future Colonel's life.

Number 9 is actually explicable too -- that's Ming The Panda, one of the most famous attractions in the London Zoo before the war. The kid is the son of the photographer, who brought him along to play with the panda while getting some pictures for Picture Post magazine.

I have a 16mm film clip of Ming ferociously attacking an Alsatian dog who was menacing Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret during a zoo visit that same summer.

She didn't *just* play football, she also did her bit to protect Their Royal Highnesses from the filthy Bosch.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  18. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

What on earth...?

Is this an extreme cloesup of some sort of bug? Could they even do that back then? Or it an armadillo? WHAT! I'm confused!
  19. Gee thanks for bringing that picture up again Amy Jeanne lol That is the scariest one :eeek:
  20. It has to be an armadillo. Either that or piglet from Winny the Poo. :p