Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6 hats for sale, then auction

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
I would have put these fine hats in the classifieds, but I saw MK's note about no dealers. Now, I'm not a dealer, but my hat man, and friend, Paul Kaufman, a custom hatter and hat super-hero here in Portland just today handed me 7 unused custom fur-felt hats to sell for him, hats he made himself but never sold. They've been sitting on his shelves for a while so he wants rid of them. I thought, for fedoralounge folks, I could post this notice here, with a picture, and descriptions of each hat. If you're interested, I can get you closer up pictures or more info, you can email or PM me, and we could take it from there. I'll also post pictures on my own website in the next day or two. If no one here wants them, they'll go on eBay. Descriptions follow picture:

pkhats1.jpg

All hats are high-quality fur-felt, with vintage grosgrain.

1. (back left) Black derby/bowler (looks like a very dark blue to me), size 7, nicely done binding on brim, brim a hair under 1 3/4", slightly rolled at the sides, flat front and back, 5" crown

2. (back middle) Green derby/bowler, 7, 1930s two-tone woven band, fine Kaufman binding, brim 2 1/4", crown 4 3/4", rigid felt, brim rolled all around

3. (back right) Top hat, wide 7 3/8, beaver blend: 1/2 beaver fur, 1/2 rabbit, 2 3/4" flat brim, 5" crown, nice binding, silk finish with medium knapp, rigid felt

4. (middle left) 2-ply western, very stout and rigid, 7 3/8, tan with dark-brown 2-ply vintage band

5. (middle right) Midnight-blue western, center crease, dents centered on sides, 7 1/8, vintage 1 1/4" blue band, 3 1/2" brim, 5 1/2" crown, very rigid felt

6. (middle front) Teardrop western, 7 1/4, band woven on a hinkel loom by a local artisan, nice medium-brown binding, 3 3/8" brim, slightly rolled at sides, 5 1/4" crown

If you have any questions, please ask; my hat vocabulary is limited. Maybe you could help with that?

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Dashingemt said:
For the blue hat front right
Hello. This hat is for auction right now. Ends Saturday. Priced at $60. You can find it by searching for "blue western 1/8 NOS" or I can PM you the auction page. Thanks for the interest. It's a nice hat.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
adamgottschalk

Pilgrim said:
How about telling us your seller name so we can do a quick search and find all the listings?
You got it. "adamgottschalk" same as here. There are some pretty cool hats ending soon. Hope y'all find something you like. Thanks for the interest. I know Paul appreciates it. He just fixed up a few vintage name-brand hats that I'll sell for him as well soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ