Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 jacket redye finished

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Who's the guy in the Ace Cafe T shirt?
My mate's from Southend, his old man was a ton up boy in the late 50s early 60s in Southend, they called themselves the flare paths because they used go for a tear up around the aerodrome that was RAF Rochford in ww2, thats London Southend airport now.
I lived in North London for twenty years. Looks like you have an A65, this story was in MCN many years ago, my old bonnie on the far left I'm standing second from the right. View attachment 82396

View attachment 82397
Yes I have an 1965 A65. Up for grabs as I have a new(ish) Bonneville and a Hayabusa. Still a few old Rockers around Southend, not all ride old bikes though and a lot left over from the Pier Bar days. There will always be RnR in some form around Southend on Sea, my old haunt was The Minerva on the Kursaal roundabout. It's a restaurant now :(

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Do you have to do anything to lift the top coat off so the dye can penetrate?
I have used ether and a also acetone in the past, i wouldn't swamp anything in it as it is pretty powerful stuff(Not on an original I may add) then once everything is finished a good dose of conditioner. The leather kind that is not the hair stuff:p

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
Yes I have an 1965 A65. Up for grabs as I have a new(ish) Bonneville and a Hayabusa. Still a few old Rockers around Southend, not all ride old bikes though and a lot left over from the Pier Bar days. There will always be RnR in some form around Southend on Sea, my old haunt was The Minerva on the Kursaal roundabout. It's a restaurant now :(

I remember the minerva was there a few times in the 80s.
Found these old flyers of old southend r&R clubs.

229203_150483325020322_2567426_n.jpg
228489_150483121687009_56440_n.jpg

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I remember the minerva was there a few times in the 80s.
Found these old flyers of old southend r&R clubs.

View attachment 82458 View attachment 82459
I remember the top flyer and also went to a few do's at The Grand, wearing my original Lucky 7 Seven A2 I would think(Gotta keep it on topic, well sort of). Not sure but I think the Grand is in the process of demolition or has been. The usual land speculators looking at demolishing rather than refurbishing such as The Queens in Westcliff.

Peacoat

Bartender
I did a redye job using Fiebing's several years ago. After I was finished, and after the dye had dried, I buffed the whole jacket. Got some dye off on the cloth, but that was the idea. A week or so later, I rubbed it with a damp cloth. Got a little more off, but not much. I have never had a problem with the dye bleeding on anything, and I have light colored leather seats in my car.

Good job, BTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21