Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.C. Gilbert M1384 KOLDAIR Oscillating Fan

I assume you used rattle cans, Hedberg?

I don't know if it's that the rattle cans made these days work lots better than the kind we had when I was a kid, or that I've just gotten better at using them, but I've found it possible to get a pretty darned nice looking finish with them on a few fairly recent projects -- outdoor furniture, mostly.

Your paint job looks quite nice.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Thank you gentlemen. I used about five cans of Rust-Oleum brand Semi-Gloss black from the hardware store, which is far more than someone good at it would need! This is the first spray paint job I’ve ever done that has worked out, so it does feel good. Hope to be able to get the rest finished this weekend. Then I’ll just have to decide which style wire to use. Pulley cord would look nice, but the twisted style matches what remnants remained inside the base.

Jish1969

Familiar Face
That fan is coming along quite nicely, and if you are still looking for cord then let me recommend the Antique Lamp Cohttp://www.antiquelampco.com/ They are a small outfit based here in Buffalo and will certainly have what you are looking for. Good hunting!

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Turns out I had forgotten to paint the edge of the front medallion on the grill last fall, so it’s been a long wait for nice weather to finally pop up so I could finish the job. Hope to get things in order here by the end of the month and get started on the second fan so I don’t bump into winter like I did with the first one.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Actually had some free time to assemble some photos yesterday evening, and thought I’d finally get around to posting some after-restoration shots since it seems I had forgotten to. I’ve been working on assembling and reassembling this one for some time, as the motor seems to bind up now, but at least it looks much better and it's not rusting away anymore. Someday I’ll have to have someone look at the motor and actually get it running again. Fun project.

FLDSCN0964_zpsvzkxzzwd.jpg

FLDSCN0965_zpse16dz8oq.jpg

FLDSCN0960_zpssethfpvt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ