Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Lounger Coming to Bookshelves Near You

MisterGrey

Practically Family
Well, ladies and gents, the day has finally come. I've made odd references here and there over the years to my writing aspirations, and occasionally my day-job as a journalist, but the time has finally come: Last year, I sold a novel for publication, and it's now officially in print, available as a paperback or on Kindle from Amazon.

Though it's set in the 1980s, the book does have a very unique, distinctly Fedora Lounge pedigree: One of the key settings in the book is a vintage movie theater, and our very own Lizzie Maine has been instrumental (and very, very patient) over the years in answering several questions I had about the operation and function of such establishments. Though not all of the information she provided got into the book, it was all still instrumental in helping me to establish the "flavor" of the setting and it wouldn't have been possible for me to write about an old theater without knowing all the ins and outs of it.

Though the publisher decided to tackle the horror angle, I do consider it much more a thriller in the vein of "Silence of the Lambs" or "The Usual Suspects," so, if you happen across it, don't let the cover art turn you off. (Or, if you like the cover art, by all means, let it draw you in). In any case, this is one for us. Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/Our-Lady-Inf..._0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1483030300&sr=8-2-spell

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations. A big achievement. With a plot like that, I imagine Hollywood will come looking for the movie rights!
I am actually very impressed by how "literary" the FL is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana