Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Message From Aero Leather USA

Davo

New in Town
Well,

I ordered my jacket in early 2011. Each time I followed up on the order I was sent a very polite reply about a delay and it will be ready soon..... It turns out that he never sent the order to Aero. No ifs. No buts. That's fraud. Many customers (including myself) will not be covered by PayPall because of the time it has taken to make a claim.

David.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
It's best to work these things out privately to a satisfactory conclusion, rather that air a matter in progress. I'm sure all will be well, as the overwhelming majority of members have had superior experiences.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I've received several messages from members with concerns over our closing of this thread. I'm going to re-open it, because it seems that members have some good information to share. Frankly, being out of the market for anything leather for some time, I had not realized that the situation re: Aero USA had changed.
That said, please remember that we expect civl discussions. Let's have an honest exchange of information that may be helpful to other members. But no attacks or unpleasantness, deal?

And thanks to those who wrote me with your excellent arguments for and against this thread.

Atkman

New in Town
I received confirmation today 3/27/12 from Amanda that the jacket I ordered In early Jan. 2012 was shipped out last week. Mark contacted me today that he received it and would ship it ups tomm. Mark was a pleasure to work with and honest with me. I hope everything works out for everyone.

morris

New in Town
I fear the rest of the aero team will be working with one hand tied behind their back if Ken Calder is back running the business! had dealings with him when I bought my first Aero in the early 90's, absolute nightmare to deal with. Fortunately Will sorted things for me. Was searching for Aero online to buy another and came across this site, think I will look at another brand, the Calder experience is one I do not wish to repeat.....best of luck to you mark and the rest of the Aero team, you're gonna need it!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Scott, thanks for re-opening the thread.

I'm a victim of this situation myself, I ordered a jacket through Aero USA back in the Fall and Holly confirmed that my order was never placed with the plant in Scotland.

I did get an email from Mark (the very first since we sorted out the details to order) and he asked how he should send my refund. Of course time will tell if I get anything back from him.

Going to be interesting to see if everyone is taken care of - I know I have no chance of getting the jacket (which would have been my first Aero) but I'd really like the $$ back.

Thanks for re-opening. It appears Mark is trying to make good. I'm not accepting one-sided stories at this point, not knowing the whole truth. It's not fair to assume Mark is in the wrong until I see more. I love Aero, but I won't assume here because that's unfair.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
I, too, made a $500 deposit with Mr. Moye back in January. Unfortunately, my order was never sent to Scotland. I'm desperately awaiting the refund Mr. Moye said yesterday would be forthcoming, but today none of my emails has had a response. But then again, I was told five days ago my order was indeed in the Aero Scotland system. I just want this entire situation over with so I can place the order for my LHB with Holly.

Please, Mr. Moye, if you're reading this thread, please make your customers whole. And soon.

Please.

Edward

Bartender
I, too, made a $500 deposit with Mr. Moye back in January. Unfortunately, my order was never sent to Scotland. I'm desperately awaiting the refund Mr. Moye said yesterday would be forthcoming, but today none of my emails has had a response. But then again, I was told five days ago my order was indeed in the Aero Scotland system. I just want this entire situation over with so I can place the order for my LHB with Holly.

Please, Mr. Moye, if you're reading this thread, please make your customers whole. And soon.

Please.

I don't want to comment on this situation beyond the following information, but you might find this helpful. If you paid by Paypal, it will take a few days. I've just been sent a refund by another company on Paypal, and am advised that it takes five to seven days to clear the system.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I fear the rest of the aero team will be working with one hand tied behind their back if Ken Calder is back running the business! had dealings with him when I bought my first Aero in the early 90's, absolute nightmare to deal with. Fortunately Will sorted things for me. Was searching for Aero online to buy another and came across this site, think I will look at another brand, the Calder experience is one I do not wish to repeat.....best of luck to you mark and the rest of the Aero team, you're gonna need it!

I'm sorry you feel this way, I am perhaps biased as Ken Calder is my father, but Aero and everything it stands for is his life's work, and I for one am immensely proud of everything he and the company have achieved.

As I said on the thread I started this morning I will not go into details about this awful situation publicly, but my father has been forced out of retirement to deal with things happening, which are entirely outwith our control.

For anyone awaiting an order who has not contacted me, I again urge you to do so. We have some more information which may be of help to anyone who is still looking for a refund which I will begin to send out first thing tomorrow. After many nights spent working til 2.30am to help customers of Aero USA, I am having an "early night" tonight (it's 1am here in Scotland).

My email is holly@aeroleatherclothing.com if anyone needs any further information, or assistance with anything relating to Aero USA orders.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I think it should be noted that some of the orders (at least mine) that Aero Scotland initially said they never received from Mark were actually received by Aero Scotland but they canceled them. So before people start throwing the term "fraud" around, I suggest you learn more about the situation. Mark is giving refunds through paypal and USPS money orders.

If you had an outstanding order with Mark, Aero Scotland is willing to match Mark's price or offer 10% off their current prices. Whichever price is lower is what they'll give you. Aero has a reputation to uphold and it looks like they're doing their best here.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
I don't want to comment on this situation beyond the following information, but you might find this helpful. If you paid by Paypal, it will take a few days. I've just been sent a refund by another company on Paypal, and am advised that it takes five to seven days to clear the system.

I'm very well aware of that, but in the only other instance when I've sought a PayPal refund, also to my credit card, I received notice IMMEDIATELY that the refund had been issued. It showed up on my card in two days. Thus far, I've received no notice from PayPal of any refund being issued ... and I've been checking quite regularly. And unfortunately, I also fall outside the window for PayPal itself to get involved.

I'm well aware of what I, as a consumer, should do and have done all I could. I just want to be made whole. And thus far, I haven't been, nor have I heard anything from the party in question as to the status of my refund.

And again, Mr. Moye, if you are reading this, please, please make this situation right.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Whew... I'm glad things are working out I was starting to think I'd kicked over the proverbial hornets nest. I'm sorry if my re-inquirey about this matter lead to any hurt feelings on re-criminations. I'm new here and was just asking a question.

Worf

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Hey all,

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread yet, but I think I can add to the discussion.

To be fair, I made my first Aero order through Mark Moye. I made the order in November 2009, and received my jacket in May 2010. During that span of time, Mark answered nearly 50 emails in a timely, professional fashion. The jacket I received was beautiful and almost exactly matched my specs. Mark's customer service was sterling.

In January 2010, I made my second order with Mark. At this time, I paid in full via Paypal. I wasn't quite ready to submit my specs to Aero, so I asked Mark to sit on my order for a while so I could think about what I wanted. In fairness, I waited nearly a year before submitting my specs to Mark.

In December 2010, I sent my specs to Mark, and e told me that he had officially sent them to Aero to have teh jacket made. It's been well over a year since Mark told me my order was submitted to Aero Scotland. Mark and I emailed back and forth over the last year and each time I asked for an update he would tell me that he would get back to me about it. He never gave me a solid answer, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, figuring he was just busy as usual. Finally, I began to worry, and on March 5th 2012, I asked Mark to give me a call so we could discuss the status of my order. We had a polite conversation where Mark told me that he was waiting to hear back from Aero Scotland on the status of my order. The next news i received was when I read the thread that Mark posted here about the closing of Aero USA. I didn't hear anything directly from him until I sent him another e-mail and received a short response telling me he was closing his business, and to contact Aero Scotland for any further inquiries about my order.

I sent an email to Aero, and received a very prompt response from Holly Calder. She informed me that Aero had no record of my order, and my specs were never sent to them. I am now working with Paypal to get my money refunded, but the situation is bleak. I don't want to speculate about the whys and hows of this situation, but it is very real, and everything I am posting here is fact, not speculation.

Holly and Ken have been very responsive, and appear to be literally working around the clock to help fix things for those of us that paid for jackets that we never received (I have been receiving emails from them that were sent very late at night in the UK) . Let's make sure we don't drag their good names and the reputation of Aero Scotland into this mess.

I don't want to speculate about the hows and whys of the situation, but I'm just sad to see things go this way. My first experience with Mark was very good, and i am disappointed that I have to say otherwise about my second one.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Jimmer_5, I wish you luck with PayPal, but it looks bleak for me with them, as well. And I, too, know that Holly and Ken are working almost around the clock on the matter, especially on the matter of PayPal and its 45-day cutoff for filing a request for PayPal resolution.

I'm just at a loss for words in all this. In doing my due diligence about Aero Leather USA before placing my order, everything came back solid as gold; the company and its owner had a sterling reputation. I just feel as though I've been punched in the gut.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Jlanderson, we get your point. Please be patient.

Sir, I am being extremely patient under the circumstances ... which include numerous but futile attempts to communicate with Aero Leather USA, but I (and othersI evidently) am being ignored. And as a result, this outlet seems to offer the best hope for trying to reach the person in question.

And please, were you in my shoes, I would try not to come off sounding condescending to you, if I chose to comment on a post. All I ask is that you extend me the same courtesy.

Last edited:

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I'm in the process of contacting all customers I have details for with further information, but it occurred to me that it could be helpful to post some advice here as it will take me a couple of days to get through to everyone, and some of you may see this before I have had a chance to write to you.

One, we have spoken to eBay about their 45 days protection policy and how it affects listings which quote an estimated delivery date of 3 to 6 months, and they confirmed to us, in writing, that they have extended protection "that eBay and PayPal has to offer if you purchase an item with estimated dispatch and delivery time of more than 45 days." They say "All you just need to do is to call our eBay Buyer Protection Hotline at 0800 3586551 so we can manually file a dispute for you."

That should be of some help. Alternatively if you are still having no luck with eBay/Paypal reimbursements as with one customer in particular was suffering, go to your credit card provider linked to your eBay account. He just emailed me to confirm "Good news, ebay & paypal couldn't do anything but Visa reversed the charges no problem. Got the money this morning."

Hope this is of some help.

Holly @ Aero

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112