Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A New Schott Model: The 603USA Cafecto

singer

Familiar Face
That (was?) and awesome jacket @Monitor!

Speaking of cafecto, I was curious about this RRL "Calfskin Moto Jacket"

"This jacket draws inspiration from a mix of motorcycle and aviation styles from the 1930s. Sourced from an Italian tannery, the vegetable-tanned calfskin has been lightly tumbled for a vintage-style patina. Gusseted shoulders provide ease of movement."

Not sure if it's new--anyone know about this jacket?

I went to try it on at my local RRL sale because of the 40% off sale. Sadly, they didn't have it in the store.

Thought it'd be a long shot--not sure I could pull it off, how it looks on, if it's too heavy... I do like the less common brown color & brass hardware.

Anyway, I bought this online to try on. I'll find out more soon. Something to do while I wait for my Frobisher!

s7-1197233_lifestyle.jpeg
s7-1197233_alternate1.jpeg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Unfortunately guys, I decided to sell it. There's one crease in the left sleeve that's forming all wrong so I have to let go of it. I've already sent a letter of complaint to Schott. The quest goes on.

LOL I've been swing back and forth over the past few days as to whether you were serious about having returned it or not!

I mean, lets be honest, more than a few jackets have been passed on by other members here for similar reasons ;)

LOL I've been swing back and forth over the past few days as to whether you were serious about having returned it or not!

I mean, lets be honest, more than a few jackets have been passed on by other members here for similar reasons ;)

lol Protein. Exactly! I was kidding of course, the jacket is right here beside me - but later on it got me thinking about the same thing, how my stupid joke might not be all that obvious because this might actually be a perfectly valid reason for a complaint 'round these parts. Been there myself.

Kippo

New in Town
Did you ever try out that Cafecto jacket? I kinda want one, either that or a 141, but there are no Schott stores near me...

Living in México sucks sometimes, tbh.

Monitor made me laugh. My friend Phil in the 1980's got rid of his leather jacket because, he said, it looked too much like it was made from an animal. I kid you not.

lol! Now I want to see that jacket! Must have had some crazy character.
I have a friend who always would complain how all my jackets looked like they were made from fake leather. It took me two years to realize that the only thing he considered to be real leather was suede and especially nubuck.

Really cool and interesting video I saw only just now! Not just for Schott fans.

And hey, Jason wears a CAF1 too! :D

IXL

One Too Many
lol Protein. Exactly! I was kidding of course, the jacket is right here beside me - but later on it got me thinking about the same thing, how my stupid joke might not be all that obvious because this might actually be a perfectly valid reason for a complaint 'round these parts. Been there myself.

Oh, it was just a joke: you're keeping it. In that case, I retract my previous post, and state.....(again) "great jacket!" :D

Was taking photos of the jackets I'm selling for eBay so I took a few snaps of the Schott CR. So here it is, in case anyone cares. I just love it too much and I don't think photos of such an awesome jacket can be a bad thing. :p More to follow! It's been really hot lately so I haven't had that much chance to wear it during the day... Breaking in well. So far.

BobJ

Practically Family
Was taking photos of the jackets I'm selling for eBay so I took a few snaps of the Schott CR. So here it is, in case anyone cares. I just love it too much and I don't think photos of such an awesome jacket can be a bad thing. :p More to follow! It's been really hot lately so I haven't had that much chance to wear it during the day... Breaking in well. So far.

I really like this jacket, Monitor! That graphic on the lining looks like some secret code-key to a futuristic hyperspace portal. The lining is beautiful, mysterious, and kinda makes the jacket. It looks like it came from an 1800s bordello. Does it feel a little sensually sinful when you slide yourself into it and wrap it around your body? :oops: I also like the absence of a thick stiff kidney panel. I still don't know what they're for - they're not going to protect the kidneys from any blunt trauma. I know that the "C" stands for Confederate Motors to the company that commissioned these jackets, but are you going to have it stand for something more personally meaningful to you? I hope you live a lot of life in this jacket and that you both grow old together. Thanks for sharing your happiness. Bob

I really like this jacket, Monitor! That graphic on the lining looks like some secret code-key to a futuristic hyperspace portal. The lining is beautiful, mysterious, and kinda makes the jacket. It looks like it came from an 1800s bordello. Does it feel a little sensually sinful when you slide yourself into it and wrap it around your body? :oops: I also like the absence of a thick stiff kidney panel. I still don't know what they're for - they're not going to protect the kidneys from any blunt trauma. I know that the "C" stands for Confederate Motors to the company that commissioned these jackets, but are you going to have it stand for something more personally meaningful to you? I hope you live a lot of life in this jacket and that you both grow old together. Thanks for sharing your happiness. Bob

Thank you for the compliments, Bob, but I gotta ask - can you somehow read minds? I'm half-dead serious about this. XD This is straight outta my head what I think and feel for this jacket. Sans the 1800's bordello but only 'cause I didn't think of that one. The lining is certainly something else. I mean, it's shiny, red sateen. 'nuff said.

But yeah, I like this jacket 10x better just because of that ≡C≡ and the red triangle on the collar. My friends asked me what the C is for. I didn't tell.

Edward

Bartender
That RRL in interesting. I like the colour of the hide, and the Talon zips look great. I think it would look much beter - less cluttered - without that upper right breast pocket, though I have seen original jackets that had a vaguely similar pocket layout.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I agree it is something a stylimodern dracula would wear
I like the one with the number most. You sure you wanna have such different chest pockets?

What's the female collar snap, for? For one on the right? And the back?
oh that is just eyelet in the same size with the snap, for ventilation and to balance things up a little bit :p not a male snap

the chest pocket I think of them having the same size and angle but on one side with exposed zipper tape, and the other side without zipper but instead secured with a tab, somewhat symmetrical but not really, I think it looks rad. numbering is just the year I was born:) I plan to try to paint the ivory part maybe as thin as possible so the underlying color still visible and use carton template to spray or roll on the number, hopefully they will fade and look nice in no time

I change it into a straight front since I don't dare to pull lancer front, so this little adjustment is fitting me better , and that is the back part
lZ0uAw0.jpg

Last edited:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Monitor.....love the jacket. Does it fit more like a 141 or a 641 in your opinion? Also, is the HH thicker than Schotts regular HH or does seem the same?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21