Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A question for the red heads...

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Well, I did it, I went lighter. I was sick all last week and the weekend and so was lazy and didn't strip beforehand, just used Revlon Colorsilk in Strawberry Blonde, and left it on for about 40 minutes. It worked perfect and left my hair a very light auburn, maybe 1-2 shades darker than the pics I posted on the previous page. I love it! My husband took a few photos so I'll post them later.

Last edited:

hellosunshine

New in Town
Hi ladies! This is my first post on FL, so please bear with me! I've been reading through the threads, trying to find the perfect formula, and I hope y'all can help me! I'm hoping to achieve this coppery color, as my coloring is VERY similar to Christina Hendricks: http://living.msn.com/style-beauty/...ips/gorgeous-hair-color-you-can-get-at-home#6

I only have access to hair color found over the counter, and am very comfortable with using color from Sally's (and prefer it, since most of the lines there seem to leave my hair in better shape than drugstore). I've been looking at L'Oreal Intense Red Copper, but I think it might turn out much darker than I'm hoping for (though it's lovely on those of you whose pictures are on here). I definitely don't want to go darker or more auburn/purple. Would lightening it with a blonde shade work, maybe 2 parts IRC, 1 part very light blonde?

berrybubbles

New in Town
What hair dye did you use to get that hair color? I love it !
Ok this thread makes me want to go red again... but not the auburn red I had before... I have medium/dark brown hair with some natural blonde bits thrown in... A light but olive-y can look tan complexion... Any suggestions? Here are some pics from when I was red before...
(pardon the no makeup and lack of hair styling this was RIGHT after I dyed it)
10908060.jpg

(a couple weeks after... I liked this color)
10908095.jpg

(a couple more weeks after... looking much more purple-y :()
hair001.jpg

LoreleiLee

New in Town
I'm going for a Christina Hendricks red, a rich copper red.

My question is, If I put a level 6 in, how light do I need to be to achieve that glorious red? Taken me ages ti find the right formula, has anyone copied her hair color successfully?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko