Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A quick pic of a weaver we use....

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
sambita.jpg

This is Mercedes...she weaves some of our hats. She is now weaving the huge Indiana Jones hats. We sat down to ask her to make a 4.5 inch crown model, a 4.75 inch crown model and a 5 inch crown model. Should have those in a few months. We've decided to give it a go for the larger brims for a year or so...we'll see how they do.

P.S. She's no spring chicken...but sharp as a tack!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Robert, did you mean "crowns," by any chance?

Fascinating to see these hats in process, thanks for the photo. What a skill that is. I hope it is never lost to the ages.

MK, I know the Indy model he's having woven for me will have a crown about 5" to 5 1/4", and a brim somewhere between 2 5/8" and 3". At least, here's hoping! :D

BTW, love the new appellations. Having recently moved to Utah for graduate work, I am "New In Town" all the way around!

Brad Bowers

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
HEY MK

I just noticed the new "tags" on our Avitars. HAHHAHA no longer am I "talking thru my hat"...hey ART did you see I'm on the A list!!!?!?!??! Hummmm what is that mean? Love this place, you guys, and all that we talk about.

My Dear Wife....is starting to complain that the first thing I do when I come home is turn on this computer and log on to the Lounge...

Am I a candidate for DR PHIL!!!?

Bogie1943

Practically Family
This is very interesting subject to me. It is a dieing art in many parts of sub-continent. It is really sad to hear in the literature I have read on the subject of hat weaving, that weavers are becoming few and far between. It's truely amazing how people like her can spend the time and have the talent to accomplish such incredible work.:cool2:

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
There are more weavers than many hatters will lead you to believe. However, the master weavers are getting older everyday.

I get blasted by other hatters for our low prices. If we don't sell the hats for less and keep the volume up who is going to continue weaving until they do become a master? NOBODY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112