Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A word to men who wear high boots

donCarlos

Practically Family
MrBern said:
I think its funny that the blogger takes issue with thename Sasha as well.
In the USA, Sasha is predominantly thouight of as a female name , but in Eastern Europe its very much a unisex name.
Not really. It´s used mostly as short form of Alexander and it´s not used officially in this short form. (as far as I know)

VictorAtomic

Familiar Face
celtic said:
09points-600.jpg

I tried on the Prada (or was it Gucci) riding boots on the far right and they look GREAT BUT most uncomfortable shoe ever!

They had a pair at the Barneys warehouse sale last week and I would of bought them but wayyy too uncomfortable :(

Although I did snag a lovely Raf suit at 75% off woo! :D

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
donCarlos said:
Not really. It´s used mostly as short form of Alexander and it´s not used officially in this short form. (as far as I know)

In America, its viewed as a Female name, hence the bloggers' confusion when meeting European males with this name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasha_(name)

Incidentally President Obama's younger daughter is named Natasha, but she is known as Sasha.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
This was recently in Manolo's shoe blog:

Manolo says, the Manolo has the single commandment about the boots and the shoes for the men: you cannot wear the shoes that would potentially appear in the closet of the Argentine tango pimp.

You know the sort of the shoes the Manolo is talking about, with the overly pointy toes, and the bizarre details like the maltese cross cutouts, shoes which have weird colors and are made from the exotic leathers like the wildebeest and the pit viper and the Vietnamese pot bellied pig.

Men’s shoes must be of the traditional cut, color and materials. It is the quality of the workmanship and the fineness of the details which should distinguish the men’s shoe.​

Read the rest: http://shoeblogs.com/2009/02/27/manolo-the-columnist-from-the-archives-of-the-manolo-2/

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
It appears the Manolo has not visited the Texas, where los vaqueros de farmacía (the drugstore cowboys) are much enamored of the exotic skins, the pointy toes, the weird colors, bizzare details and such as. For if so, the Manolo would likely have gotten one of said pointy toes in direct contact with his such as.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dhermann1 said:
I can see it . . . not long after she finishes law school . . . Judge Bella . . .
"All right, you lawyers, just sum it up and cut the crap!"
lol This thread is just so....

"AHA but did he consider THIS TYPE OF BOOT?! I suspect not! The wearers of THIS boot could CLEARLY best the bloogger in a DUEL!"

:rolleyes:

Edward

Bartender
Boots as a weapon in a duel? Interesting concept. Two big men trying to kick each other to death while wearing stiletto-heeled knee-boots. We could make a fortune with this on pay-per-view....

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Edward said:
Boots as a weapon in a duel? Interesting concept. Two big men trying to kick each other to death while wearing stiletto-heeled knee-boots. We could make a fortune with this on pay-per-view....

Some potential recruits.

FRANKIE

New in Town
draws said:
In fact, mountain hikers in NH are rarley seen not wearing lace up or wrap leggings. Any thoughts?
I'm certainly not sure, but it could be to prevent ticks.

And on a different note, I love the high boot look in this picture.
Wettest.jpg

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Since this thread is already off topic, the "Wettest County in the World" is an excellent book on moonshining in the 1930's.

Highlander

A-List Customer
You'll recall in the movie ROADHOUSE, the one bad guy came in with a knife blade affixed to the front toe of his boot. Fortunately Patrick Swazye (the COOLER) saw it and broke the guys knee before he had a chance to use it. :)

Highlander

A-List Customer
Here's a line:

Dalton teaching a ragtag gang of lovable losers to believe in themselves and, more importantly, to spot a knife hidden in a shoe from 40 feet away ("Left boot!").

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Fletch said:

Tell that to all of the men throughout history who have worn English EQUESTRIAN BOOTS! Tell that to Ronald Reagan, to John Wayne, Theodor Roosevelt, George Washington and Andrew Jackson, to the entire British Cavalry forces of India during the colonial period, tell that to me when I go riding and jumping! Tell that to any man who rides horses in the British equestrian style. Tell that to every jockey who has ridden horses for almost anyone for the past two hundred years. Tell that to Napoleon Bonaparte! JEEZE LOUISE MAN!

m000m000

One of the Regulars
I've always wanted to get a pair of high boots for 'everyday' wear, either of the German jackboot or fully-laced "explorer" variety, but I just can't figure out a way to incorporate them with my wardrobe in a manner that would yield a semi-normal (functional) outlook instead of that of a ridiculous costume, so I've forced myself to hold back from getting a pair:p.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ummm ... what if you go to SM (also known to the uninitiated as "S&M") clubs? Tall boots are entirely appropriate there. Preferably with black jeans, a "wifebeater" shirt, perhaps a black leather bracelet.

If you are a female, you may substitute a corset for the jeans and shirt but keep the boots.

Did our intrepid blogger ever, ever consider THAT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch