Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats status update (read if you have an outstanding order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I don't want to stir the hornet's nest, but Mr. Delk posted an update today over at COW that may be of interest to any member here awaiting a hat:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=51944

Hello fellow fans and old customers. First, I have been away for quite a spell, fighting for my life with not only colon cancer, but prostate cancer as well. It is a long story that I would rather not go into in any detail, except to say I have been deathly ill for a long time now, going through the quackery and treatments traditionally given to folks with cancer. I actually had made out my will and bought my grave plot, as I was not given good news. And being so sick and weak from the treatments, I struggled to still get a few hats made and shipped out, but nothing like I used to do. Now, for the good news! I am finally in remission, I reckon is what they call it. And looks like I wil not be checking out anytime real soon, which has given me a new lease on life, and hope for the first time in over a year.

So as of last week, I worked my first full week in many, many months. And I am feeling strong enough again, with my new much lighter body to get back to my own self. This has been the worst time in my life, but now I can just look back on it, and try to forget the pain, vomiting, and weakness that many days kept me in bed for days.

So, very very happy to be back, and feeling so much better than I had gotten used to. Ok, on to business now. I have completed all of the hat orders that I had a back log of, but I also have misplaced or lost a big pad of orders, that I need to make to finally get back on top of this. So, if you ordered a hat, but never recieved it, please email me, at sdelk@cableone.net, with our current address, which Indy hat you wanted and you head measurments so I can get you guys finally covered. I cleaned out my inbox so there is plenty of room for your emails. I think I can get these orders knocked out in a very few months, just depending on how many I end up with. I don't think there should be that many, but I will find out here shortly from you.

I must of course apologize for the inconveniences caused by my life threatening illnesses, but honestly, I was not thinking much about hats for quite awhile as I was deathly ill. But the good news, I am BACK, with hopefully many years left on this planet. I just hope no one here ever has to go through what this old body has been through-ever.

SoulmanRKC

Familiar Face
Does anyone have a status update on Steve? I emailed him about my order from 2008 as he suggested in the original post but never received a response and I don't want to pester him

1BAT4U

New in Town
Has anyone received any Adventurebilt fedora's lately

Hello fellow fedora enthusiasts,

I do not wish to start any sort of ill tempered thread here, but I am still waiting for my Adventurebilt Fedora to arrive; an order which was placed in March of 2008. Most here know the story behind Steve Delk and the enormous flood of orders that hit him shortly before Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull was released.

The last update I heard from him directly was on June 22, 2009 when he said "Hi I am still around 2 months from making the hat. Thanks"

Since I haven't received my hat yet, and have had no luck getting in contact again since this last message, I would really like to know what is going on.

I know some folks here know Steve personally, and many others have had orders placed back then that took years to complete but they DID get their hats. I'm simply looking for an update, and if possible some sort on reliable estimate on when I may finally receive what I ordered almost 4 years ago...

Again this thread is directed only to other waiting Adventurebilt customers, Mr. Delk (Fedora) himself and anyone who might have some reliable news.

Thanks for your help!!

Tom

Mulceber

Practically Family
"Just rumors really..somewhere in Asia."

I joke. But in all seriousness, Steve hasn't really been on the internet recently, so it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what he's up to, but earlier this year (somewhere around May-July) he posted on CoW that for the past year or so he had been battling cancer. He hadn't been expecting to survive, but as of that post, he was in remission and was getting started with hat making again. Since then he's dropped off the grid again and rumors say that he's recovering from the flu and was having trouble kicking it due to his weakened immune system. I hope this helps. I myself am waiting on him to reblock one of the hats I bought from him some years back. -M

1BAT4U

New in Town
Thanks so much for pointing me to this thread! I had no idea Steve was so sick but it definitely makes sense. Soo glad to hear he is doing well again (or at least as of his last post). I coincidentally sent him an email doing exactly as he asked, ie. when I ordered my hat, my size, what my order was ect. Hopefully that means I will finally get my hat soon. I really just am happy to know what on earth is going on, and of course that Steve is ok.

Has there been any other update since that last message of his?

Tom

"Just rumors really..somewhere in Asia."

I joke. But in all seriousness, Steve hasn't really been on the internet recently, so it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what he's up to, but earlier this year (somewhere around May-July) he posted on CoW that for the past year or so he had been battling cancer. He hadn't been expecting to survive, but as of that post, he was in remission and was getting started with hat making again. Since then he's dropped off the grid again and rumors say that he's recovering from the flu and was having trouble kicking it due to his weakened immune system. I hope this helps. I myself am waiting on him to reblock one of the hats I bought from him some years back. -M

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Honorable

Lost the order pad - OK.

I reckon this unfortunate loss precludes refunding folks their deposits. Alrighty then...

m

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I trust that Steve is working as fast as he can given his condition. It's not as if you magically hop back into full swing after surviving a near death brush with cancer. And if the worst were to happen, we would know. The fact is the lump of orders Steve was working on were a lot of Indy fans that ordered around the time of the announcement that AB had secured the Indy IV deal and aren't regular posters on COW or here.

1BAT4U

New in Town
I finally got a Club Obi wan membership and PM'd Steve. He was last on yesterday afternoon so HOPEFULLY I will hear something back soon. I saw a post by him a few months ago that said he had recovered most of the missed orders and there weren't a lot.

Is anyone else on here still waiting for a hat?

I'll chime in with any updates, or photos if I do get my hat any time soon.

Dennis42

New in Town
I ordered a hat November 2008. I talked to Steve several times on the phone. He was always courteous and helpful.
I did eventually receive what I ordered.

1BAT4U

New in Town
I ordered a hat November 2008. I talked to Steve several times on the phone. He was always courteous and helpful.
I did eventually receive what I ordered.

That's good advice, thanks! I just tried him and left a message. Seems my order was misplaced if you already received yours. When did yours arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112