Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-10 gloves

Cocker

Practically Family
Hello guys,

I'm looking at the Aero A-10 gloves for this winter. Does anyone have them? How do they compare to the Eastman and Buzz ones, especially in term of warmth?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have a pair of russet ones. Can't compare them to Eastman or Buzz, but I've found them a life saver on cold mornings. The goat used to make them is tough as you like and has a lot of character too.

Cocker

Practically Family
They are wool lined.

@Sloan1874 , thanks for the feedback. I always wondered at the price difference between Aero's and Eastman's... Would you say the sizing is on par with the chart on the website?

Stand By

One Too Many
Hi Cocker,
I've owned a pair of Aero A-10 gloves - and I have a pair by ELC and 2 pairs by Buzz Ricksons.
You may detect the use of the past tense there with the Aero gloves.
My very first pair were by ELC and they're my favourite - but then, they're old (10 years or so) and I've worn the lining out of the right hand over the years - due to me taking the right hand glove on and off many times per walk over so many seasons to pick up poop and tie the bags on the morning dog walks! The left glove's lining is still good! And the way the leather's aged is just sublime and the wool cuffs have held up too. I wanted another pair but when I saw them again at the ELC tent at RAF Duxford a few years later, I wasn't so enamoured at the quality (they're made by MASH Co. so it's not ELC's fault IMO. And maybe they've changed back to the standard of my old ones since?) - so I went with Aero and also a pair by Buzz.
The ones by Aero looked great, were roomy and were very comfortable straight away with no break-in required - but they weren't as warm as the ELC or Buzz Ricksons IMO. But then, you MUST bear in mind that I'm out on my morning pre-dawn walks in a frigid Canadian winter - so my evaluation wouldn't necessarily apply to you as you live in a much more temperate climate and the Aero gloves would provide good service for you in Europe/UK - and yes, they are very good value at that.
I mentioned the past tense with the Aero's as I wore them one night in a completely extreme and dreadful winter storm a couple of years ago which saw pouring rain and crashing temperatures - so I was outside sweeping water off the drive and away from the house as fast/best I could (we were having draining problems with the driveway at the time) before it could pool and flash-freeze (and later on thaw and thus give us a flood in the basement) and I wore my Barbour jacket over my C-3 and a really thick sweater as the rain was frickin' COLD and I remember that I chose to wear my ELC B2 cap (for warmth) - and the Aero gloves. I was out there for something like 2 hours. The gloves got utterly soaked whilst I worked the broom and snow shovel - and they were just never the same again (they went all limp and lost their shape completely) and I knew that I'd abused them beyond what could be reasonably expected of them and I threw them out. And I replaced them with another pair by Buzz from HPA and they're superb and better for me as I find that they're warmer and more authentic to the originals.
I did post a thread on the various gloves I'd owned and added photos of each, but I can't seem to find it. Perhaps you can have better luck ...?
Bottom line: For the money, the Aero A-10's are good value for a temperate climate.

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
I've had Aero and Eastman ... and still have Eastman. There was nothing "wrong" with the Aero ones ... the Eastmans just fit and felt better ( Eastman size 9 ) .... the goatskin on both was good, the Aero's were just a little strange on my hands ( longer fingers / thumb than the Eastman ) and the lining didn't feel as nice ( hard to explain you had to try them both ) in the end I kept the Eastmans ... they're now 8 years old and despite infrequent use every winter ( they get worn with my ANJ-4's) they look hardly worn.

Well worth the money IMHO

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
I have/had both.
resold the Aero's approx 3 years back immediatly 2weeks after they arrived...The ELC's are much better in feeling in fit in comfort and finger length. Knits and label looks more like the originals I saw.
Maybe Aero revamped them now, but a 3 years back they were no match for ELC.

Cocker

Practically Family
Thank you guys for your feedback. What I gather here is that ELC and Buzz are indeed superior to Aero, but Aero makes a nice price/quality compromise. 109GBP for just one pair of gloves seems somewhat out of the charts for me, I must say.

Well, for 25 quids, Aero's are worth a try anyway!

xmr

One of the Regulars
I sold my Aero as well - I tried 2 different sizes. Both were too narrow, only the length of the fingers was different (I have pretty standard hands).

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Personally, I've found the gloves a perfect fit: snug around the wrist, fingers reach the end and there's enough space across the base of the thumb to the little finger, to give flexibility without any irritating slack leather.

upload_2016-11-19_22-44-3.png

upload_2016-11-19_22-44-48.png

Cocker

Practically Family
Good looking gloves!

For the folks with the ELC, is the size chart on their website correct? Never thought my hands would fit in an S glove...

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Hi Cocker, I know this is a fairly old post but how did you get on with your A10's? I'm looking at the ELC gloves as well and have the same concerns. I'm 9 inches across the knuckles which, by their size guide, suggests a small or maybe medium yet with BR and Aero i'm on the cusp of XL? How do you find whichever gloves you went with?

All the best

Garry

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Not tried the Aero's though Craig's look fine, though I have had my Eastman's for over 20 years. Either way if I were ordering a new pair I would do as I did with my Eastie's and order without the Army decal. That way they blend with anything.
You can remove the decal with some thinner(as I did this with one of their A2s) but be aware you will need full biohazard suite and respirator with the option of a decontamination booth and environmental disposal unit.(That is my dig at America's obsession with health and safety advice that has crept in over here ;) )
Oh yes, Both Eastman's and Aero's look great but if you wear a wristwatch it will probably snag on the knits.

daw

Familiar Face
On the subject of the Aero A10, a few months back I inquired online with Aero about getting a hold of a pair of a size they'd sold out of. The lady replied that they weren't happy with the quality of the gloves and indicated they were not getting any more in stock. So maybe they will move on to another manufacturer...

Cooper A-2

Practically Family

Cocker

Practically Family
Well well well... I finally pushed the button and ordered MASH A-10 gloves. Hopefully, this will be a short wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21