Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aero b-3 arrived , comparison with my Eastman b-3

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
I am in Boston Massachusetts would you entertain 900 USD shipped ?
I bought the jacket brand-new about one month ago
Thx, too much on the high end for Europe, considering the import duties, the bank fees and others...if compared to the brand new real makers ones , which cost approx 1250 US $ max all in all...Good luck.
Cheers

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
Thx, too much on the high end for Europe, considering the import duties, the bank fees and others...if compared to the brand new real makers ones , which cost approx 1250 US $ max all in all...Good luck.
Cheers
No worries, feel free to make a reasonable offer though. Worst I'll say is no. A friend who lives close buy said he'll take it if it fits . If he says no, I'll throw it up for sale on here and Eastmans Facebook page .
BTW what is "real makers ones" ?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Going off of Stand By's point, I've got a nice warm ELC Irvin that comes in very handy with our current weather over here. Looks wise I prefer B-3 's, wouldn't part with my Irvin though (first quality flight jacket I've owned). My compromise wasn't to add a B-6, but an ELC D-1...a light weight shearling that has the desired appearance but can be used in milder weather too. If temperatures plummet and I'm in a D-1 mood, I just team it up with an RAF sweater (mix n match).

Agree with others here that if the fit isn't right, you need to move it on..I currently own no wardrobe queens :)

Stand By

One Too Many
Going off of Stand By's point, I've got a nice warm ELC Irvin that comes in very handy with our current weather over here. Looks wise I prefer B-3 's, wouldn't part with my Irvin though (first quality flight jacket I've owned). My compromise wasn't to add a B-6, but an ELC D-1...a light weight shearling that has the desired appearance but can be used in milder weather too. If temperatures plummet and I'm in a D-1 mood, I just team it up with an RAF sweater (mix n match).

Agree with others here that if the fit isn't right, you need to move it on..I currently own no wardrobe queens :)

Quite right, BN. A D-1 would be another choice that works here. And a good one.

Edward

Bartender
If the sleeve length really bothers you as much as this thread and the other one n idicate, then it souynds like that has made your choice for you. FWIW, I like both jackets very much, though for me the Aero just clinches it both on fit and colour. I'm a sucker for the redskin look.

willyto

One Too Many
The sleeves on the Eastman are way too short for the style. I could understand it on a lighter jacket but for a winter jacket that is supposedf to cover you from the cold the sleeves aren't right. I usually favor shorter sleeves but not in this jacket.

Zinkdiz

New in Town
Both are very nice. I wish I was less skinny and in colder country in order to wear this kind of jacket :).
The Aero seems to have a slightly better fit tho.

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
Both are very nice. I wish I was less skinny and in colder country in order to wear this kind of jacket :).
The Aero seems to have a slightly better fit tho.
I'm on the fence I think the Eastman fits better "body and length wise" just the sleeves are a bit short
The aero sleeves are perfect but the body of the jacket and the collar is big and overwhelming imho, not to mention short at the waist. Leaning towards sending the aero back for a refund , keeping the Eastman for the winter and next summer / fall custom ordering the perfect fit from either aero or Eastman

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Hi there, Ok..I love them Both... The Reddish one is your Fit; But I really love the next one, The non reddish Jacket is the Right Jacket. You look better in the Next Jacket, The Second Jacket, I love it, But Don't sell it "have them fix it" I did with mine, I have a B3 and I sent it back to trim the waist and make the collar larger, and I Drive a car and sleeves matter (I'm glad they are both the right size).. the second jacket is sexier, "can I say that", I really like it....

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Now that you have had the Aero for about a week, which jacket do you find yourself reaching for when you leave the house? That is how I would decide which one to keep and which to move on.

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
Now that you have had the Aero for about a week, which jacket do you find yourself reaching for when you leave the house? That is how I would decide which one to keep and which to move on.
Good question, I find myself reaching for the Eastman. The aero is very very cumbersome and the Eastman wears better and looks amazing on "I think"
The aero is very very heavy and puffy.
I'm gonna send back the aero I think.
But I'm not done yet
Next spring I'll custom order either a 42 aero b3 with 27" sleeves
Or a 44 Eastman with 27" sleeves
Unless of course I find something similar in the classifieds or eBay

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
No worries, feel free to make a reasonable offer though. Worst I'll say is no. A friend who lives close buy said he'll take it if it fits . If he says no, I'll throw it up for sale on here and Eastmans Facebook page .
BTW what is "real makers ones" ?
Eastman original or real makers are Eastman Rough Wear, Monarch,Cable, Star, Perry, etc...
A-2's or B-3' s or B-10, or B-15.
Those are the most wanted and easy to sell ELC jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto