Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero button cuffs lining - leather or fabric?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have the same one-button cuff on my LHB as the one on the right in Carlos' last photo. I opted for the cloth lining on the inside cuff and have noticed absolutely no wear at all over the five years I've had the jacket, even though I often wear a fairly large Longines watch with it. The fabric used by Aero is extremely durable and tough, and I'd imagine that it would long outlast the corduroy.

Plumbline

One Too Many
I have had both cloth ( cotton drill and corduroy ) and leather lined button cuffs. I don't usually wear a watch ( not since I got a mobile phone :) ). Observations as follows :

1. The button cuff is more cumbersome than the std. American Cuff but has the option that it can be unbuttoned .. though I seldom unbutton it unless the sleeves are a tad long or my gloves dont fit under easilly
2. I have seen minimal wear on either cuff material ( black cotton drill or dark brown corduroy don't show dirt much but I imagine Tan cotton would )
3. The leather lined cuff is a little unweildy and doesn't fold back / turn up as easilly ... and ( surprisingly) it shoes more dirt than cloth ( especially oil contamination and polishing through wear)
4. I have had both button and stud fastenings on this style of cuff ... stud is MUCH easier but is less asthetically pleasing.
5. The button cuff doesn't have the dreaded ( just MHO ) "storm cuff " ... which I have no love of unless it's so loose that it negates it's very presence :)
6. Corduroy ( which I had on my halfbelt deluxe) IMHO is the best overall material if going for cloth.
7. I have only had one two button cuff design ( as per the eastman pic ) .... I never used it as it bunched the cuff and was uncomfortable it was much easier to thicken my wrist with gloves than tighten the cuff ( this goes with the single button cuff as well )

just MHO guys ..... but then i'm just not a button type wearer .. much rather have straps ( which work amazingly well ), zips or straight std. American cuffs ( without storm cuffs)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points