Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Grand Theft Sale – who's going?

You're right Craig.

...As a further encouragement for those of you unsure if you'd like to travel... Anyone who makes the trip but can’t find a jacket in the sale will be able to get 20% of any regular Aero item in our stockroom on the day of the sale.

We're a little short staffed as some of you may know Rachel has now left Aero, and we're in the process of working on a new website, so timing for this hasn't been great so our hope of providing more detailed information by now hasn't worked out as we hoped, but I hope this is of some help?

Holly

Amazingly nice. So wish I could come back with a good staff in place and see some of the people that have been here for years. I hope it goes well for all involved and that the ghosts of those idiots can finally be exorcised...

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I am looking forward to a day out to the factory. I have been once before and it was a very interesting visit. To me, the costs of the return flights (£70) are worth that on their own. If I am lucky enough to get a leather jacket - great! But, I think there is also quite a bit of denim to view as well.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Holly, this is useful information indeed. I'll keep my fingers crossed there is a 40 Veste de Rallye among the Storse jackets, that's the next style I am going for! :)

edit: a Veste de Rallye or an A1 actually, but I haven't seen a midweight leather yet that I like as good as the CLX Horween stuff.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I can't arrive until 10 am but am confident there will be something of interest, whether it be leather, denim or some of the stock jackets. I am having trouble understanding some of the negativity. Up until a few years ago, we all loved the jackets that are going to be on sale. I am fairly convinced I had a heavy steer LHB (labelled as horse) which was too heavy for me but looked amazing. Also, the worries about the effect on used prices are unfounded. This may be a teeny spike in supply but the reduction of wait times for a new jacket is much more significant. Surely this opportunity is more akin to Willy Wonka's golden ticket.

When I say Willy Wonka, I mean the cool Gene Wilder version and not the creepy Johnny Depp version.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Holly, I would be willing to bet the farm that you had a major hand in arranging the entertainment. :cool:

wdw

One Too Many
I've always wanted to see the Sheiks when they regularly do the Jazz Bar in Edinburgh, but they only ever do midnight starts, which is too late for my old bones.

As it happens, the Dana Dixon band are doing the Jazz Bar that same night for the Fringe, and they're always great to see, if you like rocky blues.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Craig, Eric, etc, be sure not only to take pics but maybe a couple of videos too to enhance the vicarious experience of those of us who are a bridge too far away. ;)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I'm seriously thinking about this now with my work arrangements.
To be honest I doubt I will buy anything in the sale but it should be a great day meeting people and soaking up a bit of atmosphere hoping maybe I could discuss an order if nothing takes my fancy :)
Really cannot see the point in going unless you live nearby. Travel expenses likely to wipe out any saving you might make. Hopefully see something online after.
As an old British Railways hand from pre privatisation it costs me £0 Gloat Gloat(I'm in Essex by the way)

Without any details of pricing and what is available, I am not going to bother making the drive up.
It would cost way north of £150 to get there and stay overnight even doing it cheaply. So they would have to have a jacket I want in my size with a bigger discount than that to make it worth it for me.
I'll stay at home.
Just think of the joy of looking,chatting drinking and mixing with all these wonderful folks up there and count buying something as a bonus :)

Should be fun regardless of getting a jacket(s) or not.
100% agree Scott :)

I'm looking at riding the Busa up there or getting the train, flights come in a bit late or have to leave early so the train, though slower is more convenient for me. May make it a three day trip with some biking in the Yorkshire hills(Cat & Fiddle).
Seeya's John.

PS some on here are mentioning 8 o'clock AM, I thought doors opened at 10.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto