Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Jacket Damage "Bubbling"--what is this?!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I'm curious as to what might have caused this damage to an Aero FQHH jacket--water? Acid?!

Attachments

• aero bubbling.jpg
    aero bubbling.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 1,475

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Same questions as Peacoat. Need more information on length of owership, what it may have been exposed to, etc? Or did you just pull it out of the closet an there it was like that? Has your house been unusually humid?

For sure I would try and get ahold of Aero directly, if you purchased it through Insurrection, maybe that's the place to start. Something ins't normal with that pattern for sure.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is that the one thats been on eBay for a while at about $190?

To me it looks like some pretty serious damage happened and they then used leather polish or something to cover it over? I've bought about taking a gamble on it a few times as its so cheap but the damage looks pretty bad and I doubt I'dd get much wear out of it....

AdeeC

Practically Family
Is that the one thats been on eBay for a while at about $190?

To me it looks like some pretty serious damage happened and they then used leather polish or something to cover it over? I've bought about taking a gamble on it a few times as its so cheap but the damage looks pretty bad and I doubt I'dd get much wear out of it....
This one. Possibly an attempt to repair of sorts.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Leathe...015841?hash=item3f67b774a1:g:iDcAAOSwuzRXdmpd

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah thats the one......looks like the seller allow returns at buyers cost so might be worth someone taking a gamble?

Horween could fix that. If it was in a motorcycle style, I would consider it but it's still too much money considering the seller didn't bother stating the exact nature of the "damage"... It was probably left somewhere for far too long, top coat began cracking and someone did an awful job at trying to repair it. If the leather is good and if you're in the States, it might be worth it.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the responses!

Yes, that's the ebay jacket! The sleeves are WAY too short for me so I'm not a potential buyer, but I was curious as to what might have caused this. My guess is that it might be bad road rash that was covered with some sort of leather treatment, but that's an odd place for road rash!

Road rash was my first guess as well but yeah, it had to have been a pretty weird spill. It's not impossible, though. I cannot tell if the collar is afflicted with the same condition? Looks kinda fuzzy...

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Horween could fix that. If it was in a motorcycle style, I would consider it but it's still too much money considering the seller didn't bother stating the exact nature of the "damage"... It was probably left somewhere for far too long, top coat began cracking and someone did an awful job at trying to repair it. If the leather is good and if you're in the States, it might be worth it.
Seller is in Japan. Shipping is nearly $70, making it a $260 risk. Not really worth it unless you can handle it in person before committing to purchase. I wish eBay had a "hide item" option, as I get sick of seeing the same things relisted when I'm not interested and they don't sell. This one started at $500 months ago, and has been lowered many times. I bet the seller just wants it gone by now...

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I think it's an older version based on the lining and the "TransAtlantic" label. I wonder if the that part of the jacket was exposed to some heat from a fire? Looks almost melted or even "Crispy".

robrinay

One Too Many
Seller is in Japan. Shipping is nearly $70, making it a $260 risk. Not really worth it unless you can handle it in person before committing to purchase. I wish eBay had a "hide item" option, as I get sick of seeing the same things relisted when I'm not interested and they don't sell. This one started at $500 months ago, and has been lowered many times. I bet the seller just wants it gone by now...
If you set up a search for what you are looking for, in eBay choose 'follow' and in the refine drop down section of your search tick 'new items' it will throw up new items and mostly ignore the older ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points