Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather D1

Damn I love this jacket! I think the D-1 would be the only fleece style I could own and actually use. That color is off the charts. And it fits great too - congrats!

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
Lovely ! I might pull the trigger on the 40. Scared it will be too small though. I wear a 42 suit. Reason I was considering it was because thurston always seems to say there aeros always fit a size bigger. 1m 6,1 190ish pounds. How about you ?
This is my first try with an Aero Military jacket. Aero D1 redskin. I saw the jacket at
the Aero USAAF Winter Quartermasters Store.

Size 36 but measurements are bigger than the size 40. See for yourself : #021 Type D-1 Size 40" Redskin, Pit to pit: 22", Sleeve: 23.5", Back: 25", Shoulder: 19.5", the size 36 wich i ordered #024 Type D-1 Size 36", Redskin/Russet trim, Pit to Pit: 23", Sleeve: 23.5", Back: 26", Shoulder: 20". There was a typo at Aero's website: Sleeves are actually 25,5'
concerning the label and my measurement.

For
comparison I wear a size 36 in Highwayman, size 38 in 1950 Half Belt, size 40 in 1930 Half Belt and Cafe racer and size 42 in Board Racer jackets from Aero. Length of my other jackets 24,5'-25,5', Sleeves 23,5'. I can freely move also with the heavy sweater. But i don't think I can size down on this style. So beware and add some inches to your usual size and go by measurement and not by the size on the label. ;)

Pictures with shirt and heavy sweater:

View attachment 61192 View attachment 61193 View attachment 61195 View attachment 61196 View attachment 61197 View attachment 61198 View attachment 61199

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
@trialsallday
I would not size down. I am 5'8 and 156 pounds. I wear a suit size 38, leather jackets PP 21,5-22 and 18 shoulder, length 24,5-25 and 23,3 sleeves. The D1 has bigger measurements but you should follow Aeros advise: "Please be aware that the measurements are taken from the outside of the shell and take into consideration the thicknesses of the sheepskin." The size 40 is smaller than my size 36 ;)

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
Ok thanks but here's where it gets confusing
Check this one out and tell me what you think . Still too small for me ?

https://www.thurston-bros.com/colle...seal-brown-with-russet-vicenza-horsehide-trim
@trialsallday
I would not size down. I am 5'8 and 156 pounds. I wear a suit size 38, leather jackets PP 21,5-22 and 18 shoulder, length 24,5-25 and 23,3 sleeves. The D1 has bigger measurements but you should follow Aeros advise: "Please be aware that the measurements are taken from the outside of the shell and take into consideration the thicknesses of the sheepskin." The size 40 is smaller than my size 36 ;)

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
The front length looks short, and the model looks like if he only wear a shirt but the fit looks trim, if you would like to layer a heavy sweater the jacket will maybe to small. Try to ask carrie@thurston-bros or make a poll at the forum about the sizing.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Traded my ANJ4 for a D-1 at Aero, got far more use out of it and it looks fantastic after a couple of years' wear.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm afraid it's packed away for the summer at the moment. It's developed some nice creasing on the arms and back, though not excessively so and despite the cream-colour fleece, remains clean.

Edward

Bartender
despite the cream-colour fleece, remains clean.

I have creamfleece on my LW B3. It only ever got a little grubby on the neckline, and that sponged off with a little soap with barely any effort at all. Well.... there is also a lady's lipstick mark on part of it, but I kinda like how thatlooks,so I've not made any effort to remove it! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ