Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather owners: Anyone ever seen a Bootlegger with a D Pocket?

Eglicomet

New in Town
Howdy folks,
I've become obsessed with D Pocket jackets and I'm really interested in a J106 Aero but, for the sake of a slightly less edgy appearance I figured that something like a Bootlegger with the addition of a D pocket might be an option. Just wondering if this has been done.
Thoughts?

Hey!

Right now a J106 would be a less edgy option but yeah, it's doable. :) Here's Carlos' Bootlegger with a D-pocket.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-new-pair-of-aeros.87105/

L1000165_zpsby91urmi.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Hey Carlos, how does that brown jacket look now? Would you mind posting a photo?

The brown one has been worn a lot and is nicely broken in, nice and soft, great grain.
Can't help you with pictures right now, but will try to get some next week once the black one has gotten more wear.

Edward

Bartender
I'm curious as to how that D would look on the new Moonshiner, with the button up front instead of the main zipper....

I don't think it would work as well with the buttons, unless it was smaller and had a button closure of some type.

Edward

Bartender
I don't think it would work as well with the buttons, unless it was smaller and had a button closure of some type.

The mix of a small zipper pocket and a main button closure would be historically correct for a specifc period, but it would have to be all about visual balance....

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Howdy folks,
I've become obsessed with D Pocket jackets and I'm really interested in a J106 Aero but, for the sake of a slightly less edgy appearance I figured that something like a Bootlegger with the addition of a D pocket might be an option. Just wondering if this has been done.
Thoughts?
Just now on Aero's sale page

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Gorgeous jacket but holy cow 25" P2P is HUGE! That's closer to a 46" no?

Yep, that's why i ended up sending it back, it was huge.... Both my size 40 came in at 24" which is already quite large for a size 40.
All my other jackets are usually 42 or even 44.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko