Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier Fit Bootlegger in Vintage Cordovan

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is my latest acquisition. A bootlegger using the new slimmer (and it IS a lot slimmer) premier base pattern.

I can definitely notice the higher armholes (in a good way) but its how slim the waist is that has (happily) surprised me. I would definitely only recommend a premier fit pattern for very slim guys....this thing is going to keep my diet honest if I want to wear it in the future lol. As worn in the picture, the tabs are hardly cinched at all, less than 1/2inch on each side. The straps are really just in the loops without any pull on them at all!!

Its in the tumbled (or vintage) cordovan FQHH. Not as stiff out of the box as my other 2 FQHH jackets and the leather feels a little lighter and thinner which is a one of the reasons I opted for the tumbled, it also looks slightly worn which is another bonus.

This is just a preliminary picture to show the fit of the jacket, I'll try to get some pics in better lighting over the next few days that does the colour justice. I was a little concerned getting a cordovan jacket as I had seen pictures ranging from the deep colour it is to a light almost cherry colour ....definitely not what I wanted. The colour does change a bit depending the lighting, its almost hypnotic in a way.

A huge thank you to Carrie and Wade at Insurrection for helping with the fit. I highly recommend using their fit jacket service. They were even happy to offer the service to me in Australia. If I hadn't had the benefit of their fit jacket, I would have ordered a size larger and not been as happy as I am. Everything is spot on (well I think so, happy to hear others thoughts) and an even bigger thank you to Julie Leitch from Aero who made the jacket...I love it, its just what I was after!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Looks fantastic! I'm really interested in the tumbled cordovan. It looks great on yours, and Sloans racer. I also really like the bootlegger as a jacket. The slim fit won't help me at all, but looks great on you. Amazing to think it was ordered a million miles away online, it fits great. Good purchase, it will be too warm shortly to wear it, you best wear it daily while you can.

wdw

One Too Many
Very nice indeed. Be interesting to see a back shot.

I always think cordovan is a great colour choice, as it goes with anything and constantly changes depending on the light.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Congrats, the jacket and the fit look absolutely amazing. Even though the lighting in your pic is not perfect, it shows the "darker side" of cordovan. As wdw noted above, the constant color change of cordovan is what makes it so special, and I can imagine that in the tumbled hide it's even more distinct. Very well done.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Amazing! A cordovan jacket is definitely going on the list now! Perhaps for a Teamster.. Jacket fits you to a tee. Can't wait to see those other pics.

Looking great! Fit is just about perfect, awesome colour - and everything nice everyone else said. Congrats on a perfect jacket.

Edward

Bartender
Sharp looking jacket. I wonder which pattern the back is based on? I have the original Bootlegger, in Cordovan, bought 2010. It's basically a 50s halfbelt pattern with a different front. Rufus Dayglo who used to post here at one time had a Bootlegger front on a 30s hb; much slimmer pattern. This would look fantastic with a dustbowl or a Sunburst back.

Edward

Bartender
One of my favourite things about the Bootlegger: that big breast pocket. Love the look of the breast pockets on my halfbelts, but nowhere near as practical. I think I might special-order one of those on my next one.... (Hmn, is the pockt on this version more horizontal than the regular?)

rmconner80

Familiar Face
Watch this space ! �� ....... It's gonna be a beauty !

Well now I am extremely intrigued. :eusa_clap

I would terribly prefer a Highwayman to the halfbelt, but priority goes to fit (i.e. slimmer waist, arms, and chest with higher armholes). Hence my pursuit of the Premier Halfbelt.

Now I'm wondering, in anticipation of some upcoming development: should I not be finalizing my Premier 1930 Halfbelt order with Thurston Bros next week?

[apologies for the derail - that bootlegger really is a cracking jacket]

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Yes, they've really nailed the fit on this one - trim, but not crazy tight. Definite difference, and this looks superb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points