Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero's A2 apprentise made jacket, should i buy it?

That's awesome. If we were the same size, I'd be thinking of how much I could save to bribe you. I know others have made various "buffalo" jackets. USWings offers (Bison) one, and there's nothing like it. That's a beaut!
As to the OP. If the jacket meets your desires and fit, you should act before someone snags it.

Cole

One of the Regulars
I have an Aero 38-1711-P in russet jerky horse with rust knits. The reddish hue of both the hide and knits is exaggerated in photos of my jacket (there's probably no point in me posting pics of it for you for this reason!). ....

I would love to see some pics, especial when worn to see how it fits. I've got the same model 3 weeks ago and I can't shake the feeling that mine turned out a little big.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Hi All

I'd really appreciate some advice re; the A2 Aero are selling on their "used/Apprentice made" section of their web site. I'v long wanted an A2 but can't really afford my ideal at the moment. This one is an apprentice made and a tad cheaper at £395. It's a mid-weight Russet HH with Rust Knits (can be seen second row down). I'm hoping the size might be right for me, i'm a 36, as is the jacket (i'v emailed Amanda at Aero about this today). However, to be honest it's not the colour i would have chosen, particularly the knits which look quite garish to me. Apart from that it looks nice!! What do you guys think? I am hoping that the colour may not be so reddish in the flesh (the knits in particular). Does anyone own a Russet colour jacket with rust knits? I'd be interested in what you think, colour, knits, hide etc.

Kind Regards

Mark

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=759

If you are referring to this jacket, it doesn't mention it is apprentice made. It is just one of their small size jackets that they put on sale.

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
Sometimes it pays to be cautious...

Mark having read you question on the possible purchase of that Aero A-2 & the replies from forum members stating that it is probably going to be a jacket *free* of defects due to the quality control at Aero, I'd be reassured its a good purchase.

I have an ELC from an ebay auction which does have one minor stiching issue on the shoulder epaulet, where the stitching *deviates*very slightly from straight, then corrects making it rather obvious!
So buying blind from ebay does have a degree of risk. The issue was not mentioned in the description! I can't say it bothers me too much, I didn't buy that jacket to impress others, rather becuase I've long admired the A-2. I did wonder if that was an apprentice made jacket or was sold off at a discount. I did save about two thirds the going price though so I suppose I could have done worse. However I can't help thinking it will make it harder to sell on if I ever needed to.

I'd say if you like that jacket & the price you will at least not have to worry about any issues with possible "defects". I personally won't be purchasing anymore ebay jackets without a lot more care.Good luck.

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks Familiar Face

I think you have to be careful what ever you buy on ebay, not long ago a brought 3 Superdry shirts from ebay, i kept none of them!
With regards the A2, sadly Amanda at Aero says the shoulders would be a bit small (16", i'm 18"). Anyway it forced me into the position where i must make a new order with Aero for an A2!! I'm going for a Bronco in Jerky Russet with rust knits. I may have one of those original WW11 zips as well. Think it will be awsome.

Thanks for your reply, sounds like you got a real bargin with your A2 despite the slight stiching fault.

Cheers

Mark

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
Well Mark, I'm glad you spoke to Amanda because she is surely an expert in size & fitting! It is rarely easy to ascertain the correct fit of any A-2 as many people have found to their dissapointment, so you now have the best advice from Amanada. I remember spending a lot of time measuring my own jackets & reading as much as I could about ELC sizes & fit. It felt like a gamble but actually paid off as I did get a good fit IMO even though I'd never worn an accurate A-2 before.

Many knowledgeable forum members have commented on how much they admire/ like the Jerky Russet hide from Aero. There are several great photos of memebers jackets in Jerky on this forum including "HoosierDaddy" who has posted several good shots if you want to see how it starts to wear in... fairly quickly in that choice I'm told.

Thanks for the SuperDry shirt info, yea my girlfreind is taken with that brand so we will have to be especially careful when using ebay!

Best of luck with the new jacket order that will serve you for many years to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ