Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aglets and you

carter

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
I keep spare aglets in my philtrum.
:eusa_clap

lol lol lol

Tony, That brings a number of images to mind. Most of which cause my eyes to water and my nose to run. So I will not endulge these fantasies lest I saturate my aglets (if I stored any spares there).

:coffee:

Dagwood

Practically Family
I thought aglets were meant to be worn around the waist. :)

See William Style of Langley.
t023089hx9.jpg

EDIT: From Science Daily: "A review of relevant literature and paintings from European sources revealed that the most likely origin of the tubes was not beads but strung together lacetags, or aglets, from European clothing. From the 15th century onwards, these were used to prevent the ends of laces from fraying, and to ease threading in the points for fastening clothes such as doublets and hose. Examples of such usage include a 1636 portrait of William Style of Langley (Tate Gallery, London), which depicts the use of aglets in his waist to secure his trousers through his jacket."

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Somehow I missed this thread until now.

Must have thought it involved small eagles or something. Anyway you can tell I'm reading the posts in reverse order now:

Tony in Tarzana said:
I keep spare aglets in my philtrum.

THAT explains the look on your face! lol

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My favorite Franklin Mint statue shows a bald aglet in flight with one perfect tear in its eye, wolves carrying American flags in their mouths running below, all superimposed on a cut glass etching of the WTC with gold inlay spelling out "Never Forget".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points