Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Gorgeous day here. For the first time this year the temp's down in the low 70's, so I wore the BGCD to work. Only problem is that I store the thing upside down, and now the ribbon end sticks up in the front, I was thinking of just touching the end with something sticky, but I thought I'd wait and ask you guys. Any suggestions?

breathe on it heavily about 4 or 5 times then wipe it into place with your finger

works for me every time

I feel bad. I don't store my hats upside down. I lay them on the edge of the shelf or table with the front brim hanging over the lip of the counter. Will that get me kicked off the Lounge?

I hope not. I keep them upside down, hanging on hooks, sitting on blocks and wig stands, and hanging on a hall tree. If there is one "right" way, I'm probably doing it.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I try to keep most in boxes.Somehow they seem to be everywhere.

same ...

almost all of my hats are in boxes ... boxes that fill my drum studio pretty much

the only hats I have that are not in boxes are my 3 CDs and my Bushman ... they hang on the wall in the studio on my custom tennis ball hooks

so needless to say... there are probably close to 40 boxes stacked in nearly 5 foot tall towers all over the room

my wife walked in there to grab something a couple days ago and I heard..."oh my" ... from inside the studio ... I got a chuckle out of that

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm going through a crisis here. It's just gotten cool enough here to break out the leather and wool jackets, and it's suddenly occurred to me that I own exactly two fur felts, a BGCD and a Borsalino Bellagio (that looks terrible on me but was my first fedora), a couple of tweed Bakersboys, and eight straws, but I'm thinking I need a dark fedora. The only problem is that I really like the SBCD (which I could wear all year down here), but also want something that would go with the jackets (mostly Harris Tweeds). Kind of considering the FedIV in dark brown, but I think the crown looks really high. Would the SBCD be considered more of a warm-weather look? Also, how are the delivery times on the SBCD from HatsDirect these days? It seems they don't tell you until after you place the order.

ingineer

One Too Many
Bob;
colours , crown height all a matter of taste
is there anyone here that does not like the FedIV?
but the last questions, not be flippant but it sill works:

they are very helpful

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm going through a crisis here. It's just gotten cool enough here to break out the leather and wool jackets, and it's suddenly occurred to me that I own exactly two fur felts, a BGCD and a Borsalino Bellagio (that looks terrible on me but was my first fedora), a couple of tweed Bakersboys, and eight straws, but I'm thinking I need a dark fedora. The only problem is that I really like the SBCD (which I could wear all year down here), but also want something that would go with the jackets (mostly Harris Tweeds). Kind of considering the FedIV in dark brown, but I think the crown looks really high. Would the SBCD be considered more of a warm-weather look? Also, how are the delivery times on the SBCD from HatsDirect these days? It seems they don't tell you until after you place the order.
The open crown Fed is actually shorter than the open crown Camp Draft.

Willybob

A-List Customer
Austalia is your only source. Hatsdirct.com for one week shipping or Everythingaustralian.com for a cheaper priced made to order lid that takes a few months to get. Both have Imperial felt. Hatsdirect has Heritage blend, a sturdier felt. At least thats what I learned a few months ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk