Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm righ'chere, Kemosabe! :D I made a decision...and it ain't a Campdraft! Not enough color choices for me. I couldn't see paying out nearly $150, (including shipping for the Heritage felt), for a hat of limited options when I could go custom and get what I want for just about $25 more. I put my order in with Mike at Northwest. I'll post pictures of what I'm ordering from him this evening when I get home from work.
Thats good to hear. Glad you went that route. Best to get what exactly what you're looking for. Look fwd to seeing it. I should have my Northwest Friday. Fingers X'd.

ingineer

One Too Many
Rogera;
re NW hats, now have 2, noticed someone copied the Oppie hat
Just go do it!,
He will refuse a down-payment, but mail it out to him anyway with colour and weight choice.
that way feels like an installment plan since lead times run into months
he has finally corrected his address
The Northwest Hat Co.
870 Pearl St. Eugene, OR 97401
541-515-0422
do it now while his prices are still very good

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The Northwest Hat Co.
870 Pearl St. Eugene, OR 97401
541-515-0422
do it now while his prices are still very good
...so far, it seems he's the best deal around as far as custom goes, and I definitely like what I see in his work. It makes perfect sense to me. For just $25 more than a Heritage grade mass produced Akubra, I'm getting a much higher quality custom made hat. We've all seen Mike's work here on the Lounge, and it looks great. Can't wait to get my hat!

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
CMMD, when things like that happen, it can only mean that the hat was meant for you. And it really looks it. Congrats.
P.S. The truly weird thing about the CD's is that they do seem large at first, but after a short time it seems that other hats seem too small. That's why so many of the members have two or three. I'm awaiting my second, hopefully, today.

Circling back to TopicalBob's post after purchasing my first CD. At the time, I thought he was looney, now I think he's a fortune teller — EVERYTHING else on my noggin seems tiny these days.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
How similar is the R M Williams to the CampDraft? Are there any major differences? Is the mid brown a good color? Seems like I have seen it a time or two and the look was good.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Be aware that the Mid-Brown shade has a greenish cast to it. It doesn't really go with russet or red-undertone browns... IMHO.

I recently got rid of a Fed III in that color, because it never really meshed well with the brown/tan/khaki stuff that I wear. (I don't wear green. Apart from a couple of OD jackets, I literally don't own anything green.) I got a Taupe Fawn Campdraft to replace it, and am much happier!

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
Be aware that the Mid-Brown shade has a greenish cast to it. It doesn't really go with russet or red-undertone browns... IMHO.

I recently got rid of a Fed III in that color, because it never really meshed well with the brown/tan/khaki stuff that I wear. (I don't wear green. Apart from a couple of OD jackets, I literally don't own anything green.) I got a Taupe Fawn Campdraft to replace it, and am much happier!

I can only vouch from my experience, but my mid-brown RM lid has zero green cast to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points