Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra history and production video

theinterchange

One Too Many
I only recently took time to watch the video. I really enjoyed seeing the manufacturing process. Anyone remotely interested in Akubra should take a look at it.

Randy

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've seen the hat care section somewhere before, and a different vid about the production process, but this one has the most information of each. Thanks for posting, although I must complain that there weren't enough teasing hats in the background lol!

I'm always amazed at the size difference between the starting and finished product, no wonder these hats are tough!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
That is an enjoyable and informative video. It's interesting too to see how much more mechanization is involved today than was the case when Stetson made a similar promotional short in 1925. Thanks for posting ... ;)

splatt

One of the Regulars
I'm hoping on my next trip up north I’ll be able to organise a visit to the Akubra factory and see it all first-hand while taking photos for the Fedora Lounge offcourse :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points