Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Wearing my SBCD mod today. Handsome, please note I said it has been modified from a standard CD.
I really like that hat, but it brings up the question that's been asked time after time here on The Lounge: If you modify a Campdraft (or any hat) until it no longer resembles a Campdraft, is it still a Campdraft? :confused:

...BTW if you want to know what Akubra hats look like thrashed just look them up on Instagram. I don't baby my hats but I don't thrash them either. I cant imagine what some people do to their hats to get them that thrashed...
I don't think they intended to "thrash" them, but like most work clothes they tend to end up that way over time. Besides, those thrashed hats have such wonderful character! :)

It's Game Day for me in my Akubra Cattleman.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
I like the crown shape of the CEO and the overall dimensions but I don't like the brim shape.

Does anyone have photos of an Akubra CEO in cruiser grey with an upturned brim?

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
It's been 7 years, I need to Akubra again. Going to Sydney in January for a cruise. Thinking of getting a Cattleman, perhaps something else like a Traveller. Previous purchase was a Lawson in Heritage Fawn. Starting my research now.

AbridgedPause

One of the Regulars
Could some of you post pictures of your Akubras in Lagoon Blue colour? Nothing really comes up on Google because I'm guessing Akubra doesn't really make the colour anymore, and the swatches that I've seen posted before don't really match up to my other Akubra's colours too well. The swatches make Lagoon Blue look like the Facebook logo color, but others here have described it as looking like Silverbelly, which is a pale grey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112