Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

Deacon211

One Too Many
Well, I'll throw my 2 cents in until someone smarter comes along.

My only Irvin is an ELC, so I can't say how the WPG fits particularly. However, Irvin's as you have read are definitely short in the torso. So if you don't like that a larger size might definitely be in order for you.

Historically, Irvin's were made to be worn over trousers and so fit "generously" when worn without, giving them a traditionally baggy fit.

In other words, unless you hate the baggy look, there's probably a good argument for ordering a size up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
So the WPG jacket looks to be a contender, both at my price range and the one or two of photos I've seen on here it looks pretty good for the price.

I'm unsure whether to go with my normal suit size of a 44 or go up one size if I do go for one from them. From the older threads it seems true to size is generally okay though I'd like to get a much length in the sleeves body as I could and I guess a size up might help with that.

Any advice on that, or if anyone has received one lately it'd be great to hear/see more.
Earlier this year I was thinking of buying a WPG jacket and as part of that process I accumulated the following measurements by scouring this site, VLJ, and the interweb. The part in white at the right lists the source for each set of measurements with some notes/comments. I never did get a WPG jacket so I don't have any measurements to provide myself. Click for large table.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Thank you both. Yes, that was my thinking on perhaps going up a size, though from the photos I did find it looks like the WPG jacket might be a tad longer than a more historically accurate jacket - which is probably all to the good for me.

Earlier this year I was thinking of buying a WPG jacket and as part of that process I accumulated the following measurements by scouring this site, VLJ, and the interweb. The part in white at the right lists the source for each set of measurements with some notes/comments. I never did get a WPG jacket so I don't have any measurements to provide myself. Click for large table.

Thanks for that, very helpful - If I do order one I'll update here with the measurements for the one I get!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
So for reference the 44 I received measures;

Chest 24"
Sleeve arm 26.25"
Shoulders 21"
Length 25"

As I posted in the other thread I'm a 44" in a suit jacket and I think it fits well. There is a little bit of room but its not oversized and its also not a trim fit.

MET

A-List Customer
Time has come to wear the RAF Irvin...
34pkso8.jpg

1ikidi.jpg

rc2fdz.jpg

2udyscl.jpg

CBI

One Too Many
Boy, that is one heck of a jacket for the price and I understand they are light(er) and easy to wear. Once this jacket has been worn a lot, its going to look the part. Yes, some authenticity issues (like the zippers) but who cares! Congrats

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Wow, I didn't know these existed. That's a cool jacket for the money indeed!

I wonder if a size 46 would be long enough for me at 6 foot 3?

Shame they don't do a yellow hooded Coastal Command version too, that would be awesome :)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Wow, I didn't know these existed. That's a cool jacket for the money indeed!

I wonder if a size 46 would be long enough for me at 6 foot 3?
I posted a few measurements in post #1722 above, which may be helpful. The problem is that not many people own the WPG jackets who can provide reasonably accurate measurements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points