Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

CBI

One Too Many
Super fun repro for the money - What Price Glory Irvin.

Currently 1/4 the price of an ELC

Love it so far despite its shortcoming in authenticity:

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg

CBI

One Too Many
wil post some fit pics soon-ish IMO, a definite competitor with most other brands. Not an ELC of course but lots of cool RAF vibe, great grain. Hardware works well, no sewing issues. More comfortable than my old ELC Irvin for sure, this WPG could almost be considered a lightweight jacket but warm of course - all just IMO.

Last edited:

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Whatever the lack of historical accuracy this jacket has, or has not :) It is 100 times a better looking jacket than Aviation Leathercraft produce
Put WW2 zips and buckle on it, change the neck label, put an elastic strap on the collar... no more authenticity issues...
Great jacket, well made!

Cocker

Practically Family
For that price, I wouldn't mind deviating a bit from historical accuracy. As already said, that's a score!

Brettafett

One Too Many
Apologies in advance if I have missed someone mentioning this already, but for all you Irvin fans... Have you seen the trailer to 'Hurricane' about 303 squadron in WW2. There should be some Irvins making an appearance there.

Frederico

New in Town
Does anyone know if Acces High is still producing R.A.F. jackets? Last week I sent two messages through the Aces High website informing about the possibility to purchase a jacket. So far I didn't get a reply.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Nice collection.
Here's a thread dedicated to the subject, although it doesn't seem to get much traffic these days
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/all-repro-r-a-f-irvin-type-jackets.35314/
I have not seen either the Irvin rero or original jackets topics posted in for ages. The repro page was June last year and the original only 4 posts since November.
A profilic member who has lots of information knowledge and a fair collection(Mr Swatland) has not posted here for a while nor on the (For Gods and jacket saints only site) Vintage Leather Jackets page(Yarrrrrrrrrrwn ZZZzzzzzzzzz). This last site VLJ, You may need a personally signed letter by Lesley Irvin himself to get into. I have had many original jackets and still cannot get on it haha.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
As far as I'm aware, Andrew has withdrawn to the sanctuary of the Irivn and A-2 Facebook pages he runs. I think there was a spat on the VLJ that ended with him quitting the forum, and he never had very much time for the Lounge, so it probably wasn't much of a hardship to let it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko