• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Alley Kat Hat Co

Discussion in 'Hats' started by pjt113, Oct 28, 2012.

1. I'm not really a fan of artificially distressed hats (or anything else, for that matter), but I've seen quite a few and I sincerely think this is one of the best. The "staining" isn't nearly as heavy-handed and/or obvious as most I've seen, which gives it a more naturally-attained appearance; the random staining on the brim helps to sell the effect. Nice work Tim!

2. Thank you Al. I like when things occur naturally as well. I tried to keep that feeling on this. So after the first firing, I spent time thinking through, the final work. I just wasn't out to blaze a hat, I was carefully painting my masterpiece. Thanks for the like and words.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

Tim
    I have a proposition for you
    check you PM when you get a chance please

4. ^ ^ ^ ...???

Redfokker likes this.
  5. DesertDan

DesertDan One Too Many

Ohhh mysterious! :D

Cane Rod Maker and RJR like this.
  6. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

This is not an Alley Kat hat ... but it belongs in this thread because Tim did some fantastic ribbon work on it

Somewhere in the hats life someone put a horrible ribbon on it .... Tim returned it to glory

Stetson Vita Felt Stetsonian

before Tim
    [​IMG]

After Tims magic

[​IMG]

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  7. what hat is it? Are you staying with the centre dent crease? It looks great!

8. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

It's a Vita Felt Stetsonian

It will most likely be creased more like this

[​IMG]

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator

9. As it should, indeed.

10. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Funny thing - only the “before” photo initially loaded for me, so I was thinking “hmm, that’s Tim’s work?” Sorry, Tim, I should have known better, the “after” is fantastic.

I say keep the center crease!

11. Moon got "itchy fingers."

moontheloon, Zombie_61 and FedOregon like this.
  12. great work!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

13. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

Fabulous work, Tim!

Cane Rod Maker and Zombie_61 like this.
  14. I sure hope everyone is safe around here....with the darn Hurricanes and all...and as it is...FAR too silent for Tim's thread here!

15. Love what Tim did ribbon wise on your Fedora.

Cane Rod Maker and Michael R. like this.
  16. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

Just texted a birthday wish (yesterday) for Tim, and found him finishing this breath-taking, thin-ribboned beaver 100 beauty! It's a silverbelly felt with silverbelly finishes, ALL hand-done by Tim's golden touch...

IMG_20171016_105905.jpg IMG_20171016_112323.jpg

Tim also has a wonderful interactive portfolio on Instagram, and you do not need the phone application. Simply Google search: #alleykathatco for a view only, on portfolio.

This hat looks DELICIOUS!! He's not always here on the Lounge, so for those who wish to immediately reach Tim, his email is: Alleykathatter@ptd.net

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  17. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

I was admiring this one on his Instagram ...

one hell of a piece right there

18. I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

19. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Love that hat. Best custom OR style I remember seeing. I need to have a chat with Tim one of these days.

20. :):rolleyes: Much appreciated, are, all of the good words and likes.