Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Thanks Michael! I think you would like Tim, and his product. He can get beaver bodies with over 3" on the brim. Just sayin' ;)

And with a 6 inch crown open......along with the 3 inch brim. Just sayin...lol...

Everyone here, to whom has a post or a like; I thank you. I have spent countless hours working to perfection. I am trying to make a new way of life; simple man here. Proud American working man, unique, and by the grace of God talented and adaptable. Like a Kat, I hit the ground on my feet. I just need some support here folks. Meanwhile I have one in line and I'll work toward a Etsy store and a website. Liner samples are in route and I'm in the ordering phase for new sweatbands. Branding....promoting....harv....like grabbing 3rd gear at 5800 rpm in that worked muscle, when already doing 80 and ringing it out to about 7000 rpm and grabbing 4th. Where does that put me....? Running 3:55 so if it matters. But you know where I'm heading brother......thanks Harvey. I enjoyed making the Gran Torino. The pleasure was mien.

Last edited:
And with a 6 inch crown open......along with the 3 inch brim. Just sayin...lol...

Everyone here, to whom has a post or a like; I thank you. I have spent countless hours working to perfection. I am trying to make a new way of life; simple man here. Proud American working man, unique, and by the grace of God talented and adaptable. Like a Kat, I hit the ground on my feet. I just need some support here folks. Meanwhile I have one in line and I'll work toward a Etsy store and a website. Liner samples are in route and I'm in the ordering phase for new sweatbands. Branding....promoting....harv....like grabbing 3rd gear at 5800 rpm in that worked muscle, when already doing 80 and ringing it out to about 7000 rpm and grabbing 4th. Where does that put me....? Running 3:55 so if it matters. But you know where I'm heading brother......thanks Harvey. I enjoyed making the Gran Torino. The pleasure was mien.
You are an artist. I think all the years of making custom fly fishing rods has not only helped your hand and eye, but your patience and desire to make an unmatched product. Just my two cents, brother.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
The Gran Torino arrived this afternoon. Right out of the box and on my head, fit like a glove. My best fitting hat of the lot. Tim did a fantastic job modifying a standard block into a long oval. Its crazy how perfect this hat fits my head. Now, on to the felt. Its beaver. I cannot say or describe how well Tim pounced and lured the felt. I have felt and own Winchester beaver, and it is not as soft and malleable as this one. It must be seen and touched to believe how soft and even the felt finish is, truely. Compared to other customs I have ( from 3 hatters), the felt feel and finish is the best. I am sure I will get knocked for saying so, but it feels a lot like my 40s 7XCB. Again, I cannot believe how Tim manipulated the felt. Also, the wind cord and ribbon....both vintage. Working with Tim was easy, even though he may not say the same about me. [emoji14]
He is very responsive, sent pics through the whole process, and is always available on the phone, text or talk (even if you just want to shoot the breeze). I would absolutely buy another, with no question. I also requested a dark sweat, which he did not have in stock. He used the one black sweat he had that was reserved for a hat he was going to make for himself. (He is getting new sweats soon). Hell of a guy. I would urge others to buy one of Tims, and compare the felt finish and customer service to others. My pics pale in comparison to Kurt's, but here is the "Gran Torino". 3" bound brim and 5 3/4" open crown.

287b93f52379f673de27254cccfd27e3.jpg
9cb347cc19e64dc1b8c2283e2fc79de4.jpg
bd762ac4e12b0d07f4a10124dbe2b251.jpg
885e8452b93b30555fc2f143664ab9ee.jpg
e42cf294a8c19fef2c8c58d7bf40eba2.jpg
17301238e912e2a10dec13a262415be3.jpg

Thank you, Tim.
Beautiful hat. Im especially enjoying the color combinations and the rake.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shouldn't we all place lots of orders! ;)

Harv ended up with a nice hat as did I. I think our friend Kurt (bolthead) has a hat coming real soon. We can all drool over that beauty soon I suspect.
I sure do Harv, black cherry as well......more of a Whippet style tho, already picked a name for it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Please do not forget the 120 Octane for that hot rod! Varoom! haha!

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
The Gran Torino arrived this afternoon. Right out of the box and on my head, fit like a glove. My best fitting hat of the lot. Tim did a fantastic job modifying a standard block into a long oval. Its crazy how perfect this hat fits my head. Now, on to the felt. Its beaver. I cannot say or describe how well Tim pounced and lured the felt. I have felt and own Winchester beaver, and it is not as soft and malleable as this one. It must be seen and touched to believe how soft and even the felt finish is, truely. Compared to other customs I have ( from 3 hatters), the felt feel and finish is the best. I am sure I will get knocked for saying so, but it feels a lot like my 40s 7XCB. Again, I cannot believe how Tim manipulated the felt. Also, the wind cord and ribbon....both vintage. Working with Tim was easy, even though he may not say the same about me.
emoji14.png

He is very responsive, sent pics through the whole process, and is always available on the phone, text or talk (even if you just want to shoot the breeze). I would absolutely buy another, with no question. I also requested a dark sweat, which he did not have in stock. He used the one black sweat he had that was reserved for a hat he was going to make for himself. (He is getting new sweats soon). Hell of a guy. I would urge others to buy one of Tims, and compare the felt finish and customer service to others. My pics pale in comparison to Kurt's, but here is the "Gran Torino". 3" bound brim and 5 3/4" open crown.

287b93f52379f673de27254cccfd27e3.jpg
9cb347cc19e64dc1b8c2283e2fc79de4.jpg
bd762ac4e12b0d07f4a10124dbe2b251.jpg
885e8452b93b30555fc2f143664ab9ee.jpg
e42cf294a8c19fef2c8c58d7bf40eba2.jpg
17301238e912e2a10dec13a262415be3.jpg

Thank you, Tim.

Whoa! Somehow I missed your post Harv. Your selfie pictures turned out well, mine always end up slightly out of focus. Great review of the hat and Tim's work. The hat is a real stunner and I think you will get lots of compliments when you wear it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I think the fact the Gran Torino hat has so much crown, helps that 3 incher brim from seeming like it is "aircraft carrier" size! It looks right. Geometrically proper dimensions.

I may as well add to that, geez that is one fine looking hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points