Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Tim be sure to let us know when you have bunny felt so I can get that Stetson flagship clone in the works. I told ya you had a customer for life but I cant afford beaver felt right now. Keep us (me) posted

I will be working toward other sizes in the not so distant future.....And certainly other than Beaver, for certain!!

I was away over the weekend, I scored a nice amount of very old vintage Grosgrain.....full bolts. I have now aquired 65 rolls, only a few are exact duplicates in color, sizes from 3/8 inch upward to 2 inch....some very rich colors in earthtones, grayish, pewter, Olive Drab, just to name a few.... and a Blood Wine that is amazing looking. Most date to 1930-1940's.....I'll have to snap a pic one of these days and post it.

Thanks for keeping the thread interesting gentlemen!

Yeah, Bunny felt and 7 1/8 capability!

TomS

One Too Many
Anybody hear from Tim lately? I need to discuss something with him and phone is turned off. Also pmed him on here and still waiting for reply. Any info?

I think he's just been very busy. I received a couple of PMs form him a day or so ago, and all was well.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Hey Histroyteach; Tim's doing fine, he just sent me 2 PM's and I got some felt samples from him in the mail today. He's been out and away for a few days. I've got a couple of hats in his cue, he's back, doing good, and making hats. Just thought I'd let you know.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Preacher I actually just got off the phone with him a little while ago. Good to talk to him. Man his love of hatmaking is contagious!! You can tell Tim is fired up for this stage in his life and I am equally pumped for him. I cant wait to get my hat from him and maybe start designing one with him in rabbit felt when he gets supplied.

Merry Christmas to me...

Coming my way from Tim...soon to be known as Hat & Can Rod Maker...can't wait to crease it!!!

Specs:

Dress weight, 100% Beaver, Pecan

5-3/4" Open crown

3'' Raw edge brim

3/4" Vintage Brown Gros with Playboy Style Bow

Beige Liner

Naked Natural Sweat
GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow010.jpg

GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow011.jpg

GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow008.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Coming my way from Tim...soon to be known as Hat & Can Rod Maker...can't wait to crease it!!!

Specs:

Dress weight, 100% Beaver, Pecan

5-3/4" Open crown

3'' Raw edge brim

3/4" Vintage Brown Gros with Playboy Style Bow

Beige Liner

Naked Natural Sweat
GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow010.jpg

GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow011.jpg

GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow008.jpg

Wow! Looks like some real nice work. Congrats!

59Lark

Practically Family
Dear Loungers; those fedora look great, cane made a comment that he was limited due to lack of forms and such and his forms all look new, here i am not a hatmaker and actually in the sewing machine business, with a load of hat moulds and forms sitting in my basment in rubbermaid tubs, size 6 to 8. they were made in translyvania by a. fischer he branded them the name of the city starting with a t was also branded on the moulds. they were bought from a greek hatmaker in his 80s in the 1950s. i should make him a deal to trade some moulds for a new fedora wonder if he would go for that, well I will blend back into the shadows. 59Lark.

TomS

One Too Many
Folks:

I'm having Cane do a hat for me. The felt I chose is a granite colored beaver, and I'm curious to know what ribbon you guys like?

Sanddune
15.jpg

Dk. Pewter
1.jpg

Kahaki
5.jpg

A light shade of Brown
17.jpg

A very old Brown, check out the woven quality in this old ribbon.
TOMSRIBBONSHOTSII002.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk