Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I guess that's the difference between photographs and snapshots, (pics), but thanks.
No need to take offense
I appreciate a nice photo which these definitely are
But if you want to get a feel for the actual hat the dramatics are not ideal
I am an artist and appreciate art to the fullest .... But sometimes I just want to see the actual hat
... just being honest
You are a fantastic photographer

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No need to take offense
I appreciate a nice photo which these definitely are
But if you want to get a feel for the actual hat the dramatics are not ideal
I am an artist and appreciate art to the fullest .... But sometimes I just want to see the actual hat
... just being honest
You are a fantastic photographer
None taken, simply making a point.... I also said I would be posting more tomorrow. These were specifically for Cindy.

If I might take one moment to thank everyone. I'm also looking forward to the next oics. I am using my father's old toys in the props.
First off this is the Second making of the "Midnight Ryder". DANIEL wanted a flat lying brim and not much curl. He is a long oval, so I had to do some handywork. Cindy sent me a photo of a hat he was wearing. My hope tomorrow is that hat arrives safely, and the fit is spot on. I think once on his head, with a very minimal touch; have that brim flat out front. I'm anxious for a critique. Also he wanted a 6 inch blocking, and a very mild center dent, mildly pinched. Thanks again everyone. I think Kurt @bolthead1360 has some of the other photos up. And my IG @alleykathatco will have a few others that may not be here. I see some old friends, and some new. THANK YOU for the return.
All the best to you all.
TIM

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I also get the fact that it's critique. I guess it just rubs me the wrong way when anyone refers to photographs as pics. There's a huge difference between the 2. You being an artist, I would expect you 2 know.
Is pic not short for picture ?
Is a picture taken with a camera not a photograph?

My goodness man as if you didn't know what I meant ...

You guys seem awfully defensive and emotional quite often .. If I may be honest it is a bit of a turn off

I'm looking forward to good positive responses and a harmony as well. One thing is for sure, sometimes written words sting more so that actual conversation. We are going to have that at times. But adults we are, and we see our errors and nobody holds permanent grudges. That is a focal point.

On a bright note, I gained a client through Instgram from the UK and took deposits for 3 initial hats.

When you ask someone, "why me, all the way across the pond".....and you are told because your hats look very true to vintage and handmade quality becomes topic in filling a person collection, it is a uplifting experience.

If he (that client) is here and I do not know it. Thank you very much.

Good night all.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
As a potential customer these photos tell me nothing about the hat .... They are gorgeous photos without a doubt ... Would probably make a fantastic magazine ad.. .. But I cannot see characteristics of the hat at all.
That's all I'm saying .... And I'm being honest ... I look at these photos and like many might be swayed to buy
... to have a defensive response spewing semantics about words like "pic" and "photograph" is not good business in my eyes
I meant nothing disrespectfully....

I was typing my message, while some stuff was still going on in the thread, I didn't even know you guys were still jabbing each other.

What I'm saying is I'm writing from the heart and I look back and say oh man. What is going on.

Please, let's try to enjoy every thing that is good about this place. I have people here that became big parts of my life, they helped me. Let's keep it on track. Positive for everybody. Everyone is trying to be the best they can be . People need support. I was wrong on something the other day. I stepped up on that issue and made formal apologies . I don't need people being mad at me. I'm 52. Just want to roll on into my golden years being happy, making hats. Having Kurt post for me is a tremendous help. Thanks bro.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
If I might take one moment to thank everyone. I'm also looking forward to the next oics. I am using my father's old toys in the props.
First off this is the Second making of the "Midnight Ryder". DANIEL wanted a flat lying brim and not much curl. He is a long oval, so I had to do some handywork. Cindy sent me a photo of a hat he was wearing. My hope tomorrow is that hat arrives safely, and the fit is spot on. I think once on his head, with a very minimal touch; have that brim flat out front. I'm anxious for a critique. Also he wanted a 6 inch blocking, and a very mild center dent, mildly pinched. Thanks again everyone. I think Kurt @bolthead1360 has some of the other photos up. And my IG @alleykathatco will have a few others that may not be here. I see some old friends, and some new. THANK YOU for the return.
All the best to you all.
TIM
Hello, I was attempting to load some pictures from my cell phone to photobucket...sadly it says I am not connected to data usage! BUT I am...so I have no clue? What I will do when the hat arrives is take some pictures and see if I can send them to my email address from a text message...whew...hahah BUT then I can post those here.

I can already tell this hat is sooo super.....it should arrive here tomorrow as it just left Allen Park and everything shipped to us hits Allen Park before hitting our City Post Office. I promise to get a lot of shots of this and including one head shot art least!

Thanks so much for everything!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
As a potential customer these photos tell me nothing about the hat .... They are gorgeous photos without a doubt ... Would probably make a fantastic magazine ad.. .. But I cannot see characteristics of the hat at all.
That's all I'm saying .... And I'm being honest ... I look at these photos and like many might be swayed to buy
... to have a defensive response spewing semantics about words like "pic" and "photograph" is not good business in my eyes
I meant nothing disrespectfully....

Hello my Friend! I want to say I understand what you are saying and what everyone else is as well....we all have the same heart here....I can get some shots of this hat some time tomorrow...my phone is not "connecting" to photobucket for some reason but I can text them to my email....email to desktop...desktop to photobucket and then here!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Hello my Friend! I want to say I understand what you are saying and what everyone else is as well....we all have the same heart here....I can get some shots of this hat some time tomorrow...my phone is not "connecting" to photobucket for some reason but I can text them to my email....email to desktop...desktop to photobucket and then here!
Can't wait to see it
You guys are getting a gorgeous piece in a wonderful bold color
I hope you enjoy it thoroughly

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Can't wait to see it
You guys are getting a gorgeous piece in a wonderful bold color
I hope you enjoy it thoroughly
Yes thank you I know Tim did every single thing he could possibly do with what I requested and then some! I even jumped out of the waiting line with Mr. Gannon to have the money set aside for this hat here.

I am so aware that Daniel has always wanted a Black Cherry and JLee had posted one that was super nice, then to see what Tim made for someone else...oh Lord it was a no brainer!

And sadly as poorly as Daniel's health has been, he may not be around for a "next year'...so I am going to spoil him as much as I can humanly afford to do. He has been battling a bad heart, MS and Cancer all at the same time...and has pain at times that actually make him just drip with sweat...all he does is smile while gritting his teeth and will say something funny or laugh while moaning at the same time...so this hat, the one Esther made and a hat from Gannon will be about the round up for hats for now...but I will eventually have Tim make me a hat and if Daniel can "hang ten" for another 6 months, I am sure to have Tim makes Daniel another one.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I was typing my message, while some stuff was still going on in the thread, I didn't even know you guys were still jabbing each other.

What I'm saying is I'm writing from the heart and I look back and say oh man. What is going on.

Please, let's try to enjoy every thing that is good about this place. I have people here that became big parts of my life, they helped me. Let's keep it on track. Positive for everybody. Everyone is trying to be the best they can be . People need support. I was wrong on something the other day. I stepped up on that issue and made formal apologies . I don't need people being mad at me. I'm 52. Just want to roll on into my golden years being happy, making hats. Having Kurt post for me is a tremendous help. Thanks bro.

Thank you so dearly Tim....I know you and Daniel spoke for some time on the phone...it was wonderful for you to take the time to do so...and this hat...I am more than certain it is "perfection"...

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Yes thank you I know Tim did every single thing he could possibly do with what I requested and then some! I even jumped out of the waiting line with Mr. Gannon to have the money set aside for this hat here.

I am so aware that Daniel has always wanted a Black Cherry and JLee had posted one that was super nice, then to see what Tim made for someone else...oh Lord it was a no brainer!

And sadly as poorly as Daniel's health has been, he may not be around for a "next year'...so I am going to spoil him as much as I can humanly afford to do. He has been battling a bad heart, MS and Cancer all at the same time...and has pain at times that actually make him just drip with sweat...all he does is smile while gritting his teeth and will say something funny or laugh while moaning at the same time...so this hat, the one Esther made and a hat from Gannon will be about the round up for hats for now...but I will eventually have Tim make me a hat and if Daniel can "hang ten" for another 6 months, I am sure to have Tim makes Daniel another one.
You guys are in my prayers
You are a wonderful person Cindy

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You guys are in my prayers
You are a wonderful person Cindy
You are also. Daniel is one "tuff" customer. And as you know, we seek help for so many other people as we know what it is like to have to fight health issues. And we know you have a heart like we do. We look at everything as a big giant blessing, instead of being all down and out about things. As it is, Daniel has already cheated death a few times...he calls it his "timex moments"...(take a licking and keeps on ticking) haha! His Doctors hate having him come to see them...he makes them laugh so hard they "pee" themselves! REALLY!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

You both have my thoughts and prayers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112