Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Yes thank you I know Tim did every single thing he could possibly do with what I requested and then some! I even jumped out of the waiting line with Mr. Gannon to have the money set aside for this hat here.

I am so aware that Daniel has always wanted a Black Cherry and JLee had posted one that was super nice, then to see what Tim made for someone else...oh Lord it was a no brainer!

And sadly as poorly as Daniel's health has been, he may not be around for a "next year'...so I am going to spoil him as much as I can humanly afford to do. He has been battling a bad heart, MS and Cancer all at the same time...and has pain at times that actually make him just drip with sweat...all he does is smile while gritting his teeth and will say something funny or laugh while moaning at the same time...so this hat, the one Esther made and a hat from Gannon will be about the round up for hats for now...but I will eventually have Tim make me a hat and if Daniel can "hang ten" for another 6 months, I am sure to have Tim makes Daniel another one.
Cindy, we are sending good vibes and big prayers y'alls way. You and Daniel are a big bright spot here, and I think about y'all often.

Can't wait to see some pics of the hat once y'all get it in hand. That black cherry is a beautiful color, and I know it will go great with his personality and style!

Great work, again, Tim.

Kurt, lovely photos my friend.

Last edited:
Tim, any interesting colors or styles in the works?

Well, I have 2 more Strat like hat orders to fill. And I am getting to a granite beaver now. And blocking up a Pecan for Rodney.

I have you following in line, undecided at this time, on specs.

The UK ORDER......that is interesting to me as well. The first picture the gentleman showed me was of a Stetson Dakota, big pencil curl on that one. So I will do my best to make that look. We will go raw edge first.

I'll be doing some practice work soon with irons, and I had some good information flow my way from a talented and helpful gentleman in So.Cal as well as a old friend from here who I have not heard from for some time.

Oh, hand made liners will be new but those are a few months away. My liners didn't work out for the vendor, there was a fit issue which he was terrific about and I have a lot of respect for a guy who waives a set up fee due to some unforseen issues and wishes me well. So, i reached out to another hatter , in another country, who was extremely welcoming and willing to help me. What's new there, hand made silk liners and something else very special, hand pleating for elegance. When a person willingly takes pictures of each step and clearly explains a process to HELP a guy, that is a remarkable person. (All proprietary, I won't be sharing that. The man spent hours documenting for me in words and photo work and in respect that will not leave my hands.)

Oh and I picked up some silv-mist and powder blue. I have some very special ribbon set to the side for those.

Last edited:

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As promised more photos. Hope you and Daniel like them Cindy.
10csux1.jpg

1zmnn15.jpg
2itfyu.jpg
65c29z.jpg
1z556j4.jpg
rh4led.jpg
......and my personal favorite of the bunch.
zxod2u.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad I kept my pops old toys. THE PENNSYLVANIA, 6200 looks great.

The Steam engine; that was a rough cast project. My pop machined and finished it and hand crafted boiler that goes with it as well, to scale.

Thanks for taking some great pictures Kurt, got a good feel on the hat, and I love seeing my dad's old engines from free flight days as well.

I enjoyed, thoroughly this post. Thank you Kurt. As well, thanks for any likes and following along on the journey. Cheers.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
As promised more photos, more lifelike, I suppose. Hope you and Daniel like them Cindy, that's all that matters for this particular hat really.
10csux1.jpg

1zmnn15.jpg
2itfyu.jpg
65c29z.jpg
1z556j4.jpg
rh4led.jpg
zxod2u.jpg
That hat "shines" just like some of the Canadian Biltmores I've seen with their "Eleganza" finish. Is it really finished like that?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Cindy, we are sending good vibes and big prayers y'alls way. You and Daniel are a big bright spot here, and I think about y'all often.

Can't wait to see some pics of the hat once y'all get it in hand. That black cherry is a beautiful color, and I know it will go great with his personality and style!

Great work, again, Tim.

Kurt, lovely photos my friend.

Thank you so much. The "life is like a box of chocolates" line from Forrest Gump movie does not do it for us here....we ARE the chocolates...and each one of us are so very special, indeed!

Our journey in this life, has shown us the goodness that is far above all the low and down and out on this World. It is what attracted us to be on the Lounge to begin with. And even that all started from asking DHJ (David) when he was posting a Fedora for sale, on eBay, how to get onto the website here as at the time way back then, we had problems getting approval for membership/log on information...so David responded to us through his eBay listing. We were amazed at how kind and polite David was, and we knew right then and there that the Fedora Lounge was indeed a very special place to be. And we also felt, that it was a bit of a push from "the man upstairs" to be here as well....many people just do not open their "ears" to hear what is being stated to them from that man upstairs..but we do...and it is so wonderful.

Then one by one we observed how the Bartenders help out, how they have some real input in some areas that they themselves are some what expert and how kind they are...and then the rest of the "gang" here....as odd as it may sound, Daniel wants to have on his headstone when the time comes, "Member of the Fedora Lounge"....and I agree it would be such a good remembrance...

BUT NOW..back to hats...and this one is about 40 minutes or so from being here.....weee doggies! HAHA!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm glad I kept my pops old toys. THE PENNSYLVANIA, 6200 looks great.

The Steam engine; that was a rough cast project. My pop machined and finished it and hand crafted boiler that goes with it as well, to scale.

Thanks for taking some great pictures Kurt, got a good feel on the hat, and I love seeing my dad's old engines from free flight days as well.

I enjoyed, thoroughly this post. Thank you Kurt. As well, thanks for any likes and following along on the journey. Cheers.
Yes. He has such a talent...I was looking at his pictures on Instagram.....wow! We are lucky to have his talent here for sure!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
As promised more photos, more lifelike, I suppose. Hope you and Daniel like them Cindy, that's all that matters for this particular hat really.
10csux1.jpg

1zmnn15.jpg
2itfyu.jpg
65c29z.jpg
1z556j4.jpg
rh4led.jpg
zxod2u.jpg
These pictures are "priceless"! I will have to get your permission to have a few 8x10 printed off for framing, that is how good these are! Thank you a million times over for all the effort and result. You and Tim both...masters of your trades!

bolthead

That hat "shines" just like some of the Canadian Biltmores I've seen with their "Eleganza" finish. Is it really finished like that?
I'm afraid not Bob. I wanted to do some very soft looking, almost dreamy like, photos for Cindy. As you can see in the 2nd batch of photos, that is closer to the actual finish. Sorry to mislead you folks by posting them. I guess I should've explained much better. I'll remember that for next time tho, for sure.

bolthead

These pictures are "priceless"! I will have to get your permission to have a few 8x10 printed off for framing, that is how good these are! Thank you a million times over for all the effort and result. You and Tim both...masters of your trades!
Thank you so much, it was my pleasure. As long as you don't mind my signature on them, you most definitely have my permission.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm afraid not Bob. I wanted to do some very soft looking, almost dreamy like, photos for Cindy. As you can see in the 2nd batch of photos, that is closer to the actual finish. Sorry to mislead you folks by posting them. I guess I should've explained much better. I'll remember that for next time tho, for sure.
Thx for the info. The finish still has a nice look regardless.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Well this just arrived! It is sharp as a razor! It is very much a black and you can see the Cherry Tint in the felt right off! I will have to wait until tomorrow to get some pictures up on here. My cell phone is giving me fits about loading them to photobucket and also tomorrow I will get a "head shot" or two with Daniel wearing it. The hat does appear very closely to what Kurt's pictures as he stated in the second batch...

AND..this hat fits Daniel PERFECTLY! It needs to only be brushed a bit due to "tid bits" from the shipping box, and nothing all that much in that regards either.

NOW for my review of this overall:

Fit and Finish is a 10!
Exact height and crown dimension is a 10!
Hand crafted workmanship is a 10!
Color is immaculate and a 10!
The experience working with Tim was so effortless! (We've only had that before with Esther as any other custom hatters we have dealt with has had us constantly worry and have to keep reminding them to do things and/or to just get off the couch and work on the hat) but not so with Esther or Tim....

Tim asked right off a few things mostly about fit and then finish. He kept us up to date all on his own. We did not have to ask anything at all, he kept working on the hat and checked back to make sure this was the size and look we wanted.

Daniel is a Long Oval. Loves his brims flat. I will not have to do anything at all to this hat. The felt is great feeling, it keeps the crown and front pinch effortlessly. And it fits as perfect as it can get!

I'll get some pictures up later tomorrow....but for now, I can just say, this was a perfect custom, and only with one other hatter can we say that...Esther!

For anyone wanting a Custom...I would say go for it, as Tim has his own "eye" for what he is making, and it shows in the end result! As Daniel just said, "Tim is a hat machine artist"! After Daniel wears this tomorrow and we take pictures it will be placed on the front row shelf in the "favorites" slots for wearing!

I will never be able to thank Tim and Kurt enough for what they do....but hell, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU a MILLION TIMES! LOVE YA!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Well this just arrived! It is sharp as a razor! It is very much a black and you can see the Cherry Tint in the felt right off! I will have to wait until tomorrow to get some pictures up on here. My cell phone is giving me fits about loading them to photobucket and also tomorrow I will get a "head shot" or two with Daniel wearing it. The hat does appear very closely to what Kurt's pictures as he stated in the second batch...

AND..this hat fits Daniel PERFECTLY! It needs to only be brushed a bit due to "tid bits" from the shipping box, and nothing all that much in that regards either.

NOW for my review of this overall:

Fit and Finish is a 10!
Exact height and crown dimension is a 10!
Hand crafted workmanship is a 10!
Color is immaculate and a 10!
The experience working with Tim was so effortless! (We've only had that before with Esther as any other custom hatters we have dealt with has had us constantly worry and have to keep reminding them to do things and/or to just get off the couch and work on the hat) but not so with Esther or Tim....

Tim asked right off a few things mostly about fit and then finish. He kept us up to date all on his own. We did not have to ask anything at all, he kept working on the hat and checked back to make sure this was the size and look we wanted.

Daniel is a Long Oval. Loves his brims flat. I will not have to do anything at all to this hat. The felt is great feeling, it keeps the crown and front pinch effortlessly. And it fits as perfect as it can get!

I'll get some pictures up later tomorrow....but for now, I can just say, this was a perfect custom, and only with one other hatter can we say that...Esther!

For anyone wanting a Custom...I would say go for it, as Tim has his own "eye" for what he is making, and it shows in the end result! As Daniel just said, "Tim is a hat machine artist"! After Daniel wears this tomorrow and we take pictures it will be placed on the front row shelf in the "favorites" slots for wearing!

I will never be able to thank Tim and Kurt enough for what they do....but hell, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU a MILLION TIMES! LOVE YA!
nothing like a satisfied customer ... you work is done here Tim :)

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
I really like the SteamEngine and hat Kurt..... I'd like to go ahead and make a request for the same prop when you photograph my hat! Haha.

Fantastic job Tim!

Congrats Cindy on a wonderful hat. I can't wait for Tim to work mine up! :)
And ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers here in Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points