Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Oh LORD have MERCY! Will you look at that! Not just a home run...it is out of the park, and into the next neighbor hood....had to share this picture...just had to! This is close now to being done..a few more things...the bow work, and liner....close enough to scream for it! I am super happy as I also know, the bow is going to be exactly as I have requested...and as always Tim keeps in good contact with the build along the way. There is not one time I have worried about the progress or had to "prod" for information. I know this hat will be so super treasured...( I have my treasured hat from Esther) and this now is the second hat from Tim.... Yes, I am spoiling the love of my life with such beauty....he LOVES the hat already we have here from Tim, the Midnight Rider...(black cherry and it is so so fine)...and we LOVE the hat Esther made...and here is another 100% winner on it's way to perfection! I had to pull back on a design for a hat I would have loved to have Tim make...a "Sally Port" but this hat right here is very breathtaking...a work of art. So I will hope Tim will allow me to shoot the name on this one...it is very fitting...as the history of the hat and it's build...some change and then some pain..on the part of Tim with having shoulder issues...we know what it is like, Daniel had to go through it...pain is for real....and then the hat is a Bone color Western Dress Weight hat....so...to not write a novel here...I wish to have it known this one...this hat..."Bad to the Bone".....hahahahahahaha! Sure works for me! What do you think?????

Because I do want to have a few set names for what will be my generally available offerings, " Bad to the Bone" that works for me, in a big bad way! To see even more pictures of this recent build, and finished bow, visit me, follow me #alleykathatco Instagram. Further photos today for the portfolio, expecting Kurt later on with his gear.

Yep...VERY excited for many reasons.
You're not just a teensy bit excited, are you, Cindy?

Excite your inner spirit Bob, my surgical delay had me time to pounce your crown last night. It's on Instagram. I will cut a brim on this tonight, I just finished forming the opening for a sweatband. I truly think 3 inches for brim on this hat works very well, but you please get back to me on what you like. Thank you.

Well now that you have this "pretty" damned fine looking lid...what is a name for it going to be?

It can definitely qualify. I have a few miles of ribbon. What do you think Harv.?

Cindy, post the bow when you can. I sent you a bunch of photos last night. Treat us to the bow . I'd wear this in a 50s Buick Roadmaster, with similar factory color tones. Maybe even a drop top sporting the 58 Stratocaster riding shotgun. Stick the 60 gold top in the back seat.

Fyi....I'm going to be opening my Etsy shop soon. Just starting with pre-made vintage replacement bows. Finished bow keeper, preshrunk by me, ready for the person fixing up a lid. I'm also going to try to do some highlight bows too. I have 12 sets soon to post as I move forward.
Other items will emerge, but I think this is a good start. And as time allows, I will be listing hats as well. It gives me an alternative to do something with my time as my shoulder rehabilitation goes on.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excite your inner spirit Bob, my surgical delay had me time to pounce your crown last night. It's on Instagram. I will cut a brim on this tonight, I just finished forming the opening for a sweatband. I truly think 3 inches for brim on this hat works very well, but you please get back to me on what you like. Thank you.
I PM'd you that the 3 inches sounds fine. I'm psyched, and I hope you're feeling better.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It can definitely qualify. I have a few miles of ribbon. What do you think Harv.?

Cindy, post the bow when you can. I sent you a bunch of photos last night. Treat us to the bow . I'd wear this in a 50s Buick Roadmaster, with similar factory color tones. Maybe even a drop top sporting the 58 Stratocaster riding shotgun. Stick the 60 gold top in the back seat.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/2017011095142208_2_zpskqffdq1r.jpg.html] [/URL]

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Daniel, I hope you like these.......I couldn't help myself but, Tim and I agreed that this lid reminds us of a 50's Buick Roadmaster.

x39z4g.jpg

.....a floating version as well.

30s96a1.jpg

1znvip5.jpg

2hxcadg.jpg

bi9ukg.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Daniel, I hope you like these.......I couldn't help myself but, Tim and I agreed that this lid reminds us of a 50's Buick Roadmaster.

x39z4g.jpg

.....a floating version as well.

30s96a1.jpg

1znvip5.jpg

2hxcadg.jpg

bi9ukg.jpg
WOW WOW!!!!!! Oh yes...I just now dragged Daniel over to the computer...we are amazed! Now to let Tim and anyone else know, this is far beyond what I could have expected. And with how Tim already has passed any expectations already, it speaks volumes for his craft here on this hat. And look at these pictures! The Buick is home run as Daniel's Father had a few just like the one in the picture. One was exactly this same color on the outside and had a white/cream interior. The other was a Red Buick Roadmaster, with a black interior. Those cars back in the day were the car everyone wanted to own. Even today, they are treasured by many.

This hat...oh lord what to do! Hahah! The sin of this all...if you will call it that...what hat to wear? He loves his Esther hat with the purple ribbon....loves his Black Cherry from Tim...and is going to fall in love with this one...so he says, he will have to get out his clothing that is worn with each of his favorite hats, and wear each hat so many hours a day and change into a different suit or sports coat for the next hat to be worn! Crazy? Maybe...but it will work for him just fine! Me too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21