Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amateurs of Trek

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I hope the big cheese doesn't mind.
It is not golden era, thuogh I think it falls in the silver catagory -- off to the side -- think of it like Just past Robby the robot... MK being a makeup artist and all I hope you can appreciate it and allow it to stay on the forum for now.

If you are an original series Star Trek fan I think you will love this homage to the silver era.

This is an original style episode of Trek set in fourth season of the show that never happened. The acting is sub par, though I believe you will agree that the quality of the show is fantastic. You have to download it in pieces and save it to your computer to watch.

Tell me what you think.

http://www.5yearmission.com/FILES/
http://www.newvoyages.com/

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Enterprise was falling into the same trap all the other new interpretations of trek were falling into.

Too much formula

Crew finds alien that needs help.
Alien turns out to be enemy.
Crew and alien need to work together to save each other.

I think that this season Enterprise is starting to hit it's stride by taking more risks, though now it's too late unless the execs change their minds.

Dalexs

Practically Family
It would be nice if Paramount too some hints from SciFi (think Farscape)
and actually created an original series. Enterprise HAD potential but they just couldn't bring themselves to take the risk and break from their "cash cow" formula, god forbid they muck too much with things.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I was depressed for a couple of days after I heard Enterprise was cancelled. Though the first two seasons sucked, I didn't give up hope. This season has really been good, what they should have been doing all along. And now it's flushed down the crapper. Oh well, at least the new Battlestar Galactica is pretty good.

Brad (feeling guilty for not talking about the Golden Era)

Renderking Fisk said:
Brad... If it makes you feel better you can wear your vintage suits and your fedora when you come and visit the replica of the Enterprise bridge Dalexs and I have built in my basement.

Take us out of the basement Number One Ren. :p
Oh man, Enterprise is gone? I guess I have not been paying attention. I suppose I will have to live without see Jolene Blalock in that outfit. ;) :coffee: :D Darn.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. The new Battlestar stinks in my opinion. Too much reliance on special effects and clearly changing the whole casting of the original. PU :kick: :eek:

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
I have to agree about Enterprise. It was really starting to get good. IT had a chance to be something unique in the Star Trek family - Star Trek before Star Trek. I also agree about Battlestar. It is boring. There seems to very little real action, but give it time and it will take off. It is certianly in a good spot right after SciFi's two big shows (the Stargate shows) so maybe it will get better.

BTW, I don't really mind getting of topic like this as long as we don't make it a habit. After all, we are freinds here and it is good to see that some of us have the same interests out side of the Golden Era. Until today, I thought my wife and I were the only ones who watched these shows (my wife LOVES Enterprise and the entire SciFi Friday line-up).

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Battlestar Galactica 2.0 was slow at the onset, though if you have the patience to follow the story as it unfolds in the series, I'm sure you will find that it is quite a good show.

I especially like how they portray space combat. Very very realistic.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I clicked on the downloading link and saw it was going to take awhile. So right after it started downloading I hit "cancel." Ever since I've had trouble with my internet running slow. It's' taking 10 minutes to pull up pages and some pages are timing out. I finally got the FL link up. I hope this post goes through. Anyone else had similar problems?

gobler

One of the Regulars
Well I downloaded all 5 eps. Really cool and much better then I was expecting. I really liked the story (I have been a sucker for time paradox) and was amazed how good the sets, costumes and props were. Also the fact they got an actor who played the same role in the "real" ST was great.

:cheers1:
Jeff

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Seems to be working fine now. (Yes, I have high speed DSL.) Not sure what the problem was...the service provider said it was working fine but my internet was slow. really weird. all looks okay now.

Halliburton

New in Town
Matt,

Thanks for posting this, even if it was a bit OT.

I had no idea this was out there. Looks great, and I'm glad to see the ST community still has this kind of interest.

I've always been a great fan of TOS, and this is just a great thing to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana