Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

an idea I've been tossing around ... your thoughts?

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I was going to hold off on mentioning this but your point sort of opens the door: my younger brother is a producer at BuzzFeed and he is in charge of an effort to focus on hip, quirky, unknown things that people can discover in their own cities. And since BuzzFeed doesn't really like to sit on anything for too long, the last time I mentioned an idea to him, they went ahead and approved it that week and he made a vid about the obscure topic I suggested which garnered a million and a half views in a couple weeks.

If enough content was created ahead of time, it's possible something like this could get a BF shout out or guest spot or something that would capture subscribers. Heck, look at that 2 Chainz panama hat video... almost 2 million views.

Anyway -- supposing cross-platform advertising or a huge viewership doesn't happen -- sometimes it's just friggin' fun to do this stuff anyway!
A completely Lounge and (self) serving thought: if lots of folks on the outside get the hat bug from digging a well publicized show, it could really cramp our efforts to find groovy headwear without paying out of the nose. The market could swing wildly towards the sellers.

That would kind of be a real bummer (especially in the vintage market).

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I like the idea. Hats, hatters, etc. I'd watch every one. If Mike @Redfokker wants any assistance, I'd be thrilled to go along or help out.

Michael Gannon, John Penman up this way. Mike Miller down by Red/Mike, and Art is south of there in Central Point.

Washington State has Bob Jesse @navarre and Tumwater Hat Co....

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'd watch . Sounds like a great idea moon . Winner . I'd like to see Alan , 30Cal Robert , your stash , and a bunch more . Hatters are everywhere . Mike Moore and Buckaroo are close to me , but he goes to Fort Worth at least once a year . His buddy is the Mod here lives at Crowley's Ridge AR . But in Ft Worth David could show his Hats , and hit Peters Bros , and several around there maybe . Hatters all over TX and OK . Great idea .

Edward

Bartender
A completely Lounge and (self) serving thought: if lots of folks on the outside get the hat bug from digging a well publicized show, it could really cramp our efforts to find groovy headwear without paying out of the nose. The market could swing wildly towards the sellers.

At one time, the Lounge had a rule against posting live eBay auctions lest our numbers artificially inflate the market. Once things wetn crazy out there anyhow, of course, there was little point carrying that on and it was dropped. I suspect that if this blew up, it would rather allow new makers to cut their prices if their marketd suddenly exploded. Which would be a bonus all round.

I think this sounds like a great idea. Go for it!

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many

That would be a bummer. I think something like this could drive more buyers to the new-hat market -- like the JJ Hat Centers and NW Hats of the world. Not sure how much it would affect the vintage market... But yeah, something to consider.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
thanks for all the support guys ... the wheels are in motion

if I get the ok from Steve at Bencraft and Gary White up in Buffalo the first episode will consist of a quick trip to Bencraft for a little history ... then up to Buffalo to visit Alan ... then hopefully Alan will accompany us over to Gary White's shop

I am hoping to get production under way within a few weeks

thanks again guys

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
thanks for all the support guys ... the wheels are in motion

if I get the ok from Steve at Bencraft and Gary White up in Buffalo the first episode will consist of a quick trip to Bencraft for a little history ... then up to Buffalo to visit Alan ... then hopefully Alan will accompany us over to Gary White's shop

I am hoping to get production under way within a few weeks

thanks again guys
...and who's gonna interview you in your Hat Room?

Edward

Bartender
That's what I'd start with as an opening episode, you know.... your own collection and a piece on why youl ove the hats and what the show is going to do....

Alternatively, You could use it to bookend each episode - you know, with a favourite hat, say a little about it, and then cut to the content, then back to "studio" for the goodbye. Say a few words about a different hat each time.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
That's what I'd start with as an opening episode, you know.... your own collection and a piece on why youl ove the hats and what the show is going to do....

Alternatively, You could use it to bookend each episode - you know, with a favourite hat, say a little about it, and then cut to the content, then back to "studio" for the goodbye. Say a few words about a different hat each time.
Yeh Moon go in your hat room and find your favourite hats. LOL
P-)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Nah... this is not about me.

Of course I’ll be wearing a hat... but that’s about as far as it will go into me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112