Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An India based business fakes it all!

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Just noticed, the India fakers now even use the original photos to fake and sell :
Hartmann Jackets, A-1 , A-2 Jackets, Noble Hose jackets as well as others all fakes Made in India.
I am amazed that this is permitted and that Ebay and others websites allow this fakers to officially offer their counterfeits....Not only copyright infringement on the names and products but also on photos and marketing.

Last edited:

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Just noticed, the India fakers now even use the original photos to fake and sell :
Hartmann Jackets, A-2 Jackets, Noble Hose jackets as well as other fakes Made in India.
I am amazed that this is permitted and that Ebay and others websites allow this fakers to officially offer their counterfeits....Not only copyright infringement on the names and products but also on photos and marketing.
Last Ebay auction...Even HPA private photo (ab)used:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-LUFT...hash=item1c70b157df:m:mhL_9VHM6pkHnTypmoQE2bg

Good Wear photos (ab) used
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A1-Russet-p...hash=item1c70b23574:m:mvSZbRHU0mkRN_6N2d1ulsQ

Last edited:

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Guess GW/ELC/HPA/Noble House/ etc... have to take why not a cooperation-legal action:
-first against Ebay since they allow these guys on their site ( of course complaining with evidences first with an official legal notice... the US is very good in this and all faker's adds are on Ebay.com so USA)
-secondly in India against the faker. India is a member of the WTO and is officially granting copyright and patents respect.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
I am certain that if all of us at TFL, report the counterfeit to Ebay, Ebay will do something about it, this would be the first step.
GW, Aero, ELC, HPA, NH , BR etc need to involve their legal depts into the play.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Unfortunately this has been going on for several years, perhaps not for these particular niche brands but certainly for popular styles, especially those featured in films. Amazon are equally as bad now, often the same sellers selling through them as well.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
probably not even leather

several websites selling leather jacket in my country also do this kind of thing, they take picture from the internet they feel "confident" of replicating without even have the real jacket in hand or photos taken from different angles and put it on their site, using the first customer that fell for it as guinea pig developing the pattern. That's why I don't dare to buy leather jacket from local sources based on their online shop anymore after my experience with one, all the vents zippers they turned into shallow useless pockets, and waist tab with snap only for decoration, sleeves are not forward mounted like the photo, etc.

some do switch the photos once they have actually made the jacket funded by the first customer wanting that model, shameless practice.

Last edited:

alfyman

One of the Regulars
I Ordered a B3 Jacket from India but through the UK, Fake all the way..I paid only $200.00 new but I knew something was fishy for that price..Be careful..

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
A few years ago I bought a 'copy' of the 1970s Belstaff racing style cafe racer from a similar seller, one that was using their own photos but all the same, I got the impression there are multiple sellers re-branding and reselling jackets from a main source.

The leather and jacket was a good as anything you'd get on the high street, and half the price of what you'd pay there. Was it up to the standards of a £500/700 jacket, of course not - but if your paying £100 then you wouldn't expect that. It also didn't have a big brand logo on the sleeve which was a big bonus for me.

From what I recall the only 'bad' thing about it was is was filled with a light layer of waded insulation type material which made it too warm to wear in the summer.

devilish

A-List Customer
If I had disposable cash, I would be sorely tempted to buy one and see what I got?? Then complain to Ebay when it wasn't the same quality as the photo.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
If I had disposable cash, I would be sorely tempted to buy one and see what I got?? Then complain to Ebay when it wasn't the same quality as the photo.
"I dont have enough money to waste it in poor quality and or in cheap stuff" Georg Endress 1985

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points