Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another day, another Bill Kelso Dubow 1755

majormajor

One Too Many
Love the look of the collar!

Very easy to achieve, as many folks on here have done many times.

Here's one I did just last week.

Used Aero with unwieldy stiff collar. Lots of straight lines and a stiff zip:

aerocollarbefore.jpg

Here it is an hour or so later, after a little Hot Water treatment, looking alot more relaxed:

aerocollarafter.jpg

My apologies for the poor quality pics;)

alec0226

New in Town
Can't see the pics,used to read about hot water treatment, soaked the collar into hot water, and then, what should I do next?

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
Can't see the pics,used to read about hot water treatment, soaked the collar into hot water, and then, what should I do next?

I can PM all the details to you if you wish, but you don't appear to have private messaging switched on.

alec0226

New in Town
I can PM all the details to you if you wish, but you don't appear to have private messaging switched on.
Thanks majormajor,I can see your pics now,with GoAgent,cause in China they block the internet somehow.I think the hot water treatment would help,I'll try it later.I have an A2 made in china,the tag says it's a Rough Wear 18091,and the collar looks quite stiff,maybe I'll put up some pics later.

Rijn

New in Town
handguns--thank you for the BK Dubow jacket review. I think your jacket looks outstanding and I think your sleeves look fine. I'm in the market for a 38 myself (I'm same height/weight), so your review helps a lot. How do the armholes feel? What led you to choose the Dubow over the other contracts BK makes?

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Thanks Rijn, the jacket does look pretty stunning out of the box. Regardless of the suspected treatment issue, this is by far the best looking A-2 that I have owned (I have yet to try Goodwear...). I chose Dubow because of the colour of the hide which I saw somewhere in another forum. Actually, you can call my Dubow the v2.0 jacket because according to BK, they used the newer hide to make my jacket, which I think has a lighter brown than their v1.0 Dubow. The armholes are tight, but as you can see from my pics, I don't have muscular arms or triceps, it does feel a bit tight when I am driving, but I don't feel it cutting into my armpits as of some other owners were complaining. I was looking for a relatively slimmer fit A-2 and BK suggested their new Monarch to me, but I just wanted to give a try for the slightly cheaper Dubow, afterall, I didn't want to risk paying 740euro for a completely new batch of production from a relatively new company.

Rijn

New in Town
Much obliged for the info.

How does the leather smell? I have owned two quality HH A-2s--one that smelled wonderful--aromatic but not pungent (but unfortunately was too baggy for my tastes) and one that smelled somewhat putrid.

Flash

Familiar Face
Another day and next BK A-2 Dubow 1755

Hallo!
As I wrote I have received new jacket last week. From that time a lot has been written here and great pictures posted too. When I placed the order, Andy offered me to pay a little more for their new horsehide so it is probably made from the HH about which some mebers tolked these days. So I can only write that jacket was without signs of wear. The leather looks realy perfect and Rijn, smels well :) The armholes are tight but I didn`t feel uncomfortable. I think the wearer will feel uncomfortable if has the jacket bigger than his size realy is. In my BK RW 27752 I feel more comfortable - may be due to the RW has roomier pattern than Dubow. Overall, this Dubow 1755 is a very well made jacket I think (I am not an expert).
Here are some pictures. The jacket is not for me, I bought it as a Christmas gift for my brother so is a little longer on me (brother is taller).
DSC_0124_2_400.jpg
DSC_0123_2_400.jpg
DSC_0122_2_400.jpg

This is the second jacket I have ordered from BK. I have my RW 27752 in seal brown horsehide for about a year. And I am very satisfied. Just the signs of wear could be better on my jacket. I didn`t wear it as often as I would want :). If anybody thinking about BK jacket, I can recommend.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
This is the second jacket I have ordered from BK. I have my RW 27752 in seal brown horsehide for about a year. And I am very satisfied. Just the signs of wear could be better on my jacket. I didn`t wear it as often as I would want :). If anybody thinking about BK jacket, I can recommend.

Wow, that is a nice jacket!

Yes, the jacket smells pretty nice, but not strong. The strongest smelling jacket that I have ever bought was the ELC .50Cal. My whole room was fill with the new jacket smell for days!

Brettafett

One Too Many
How would you guys compare the knits of BK with Aero? I have found Aeros knits to be really good, they seem to hold their shaper well, as opposed to some other makers knits which, more authentic as they may be, loose their shape quite quickly... ?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aero's woolier and thicker. BK's more elastic similar to LW's. Since my BK is new, I can't comment on the durability.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I think the knits on the BK are definitely more durable than Eastman and on par with Aero. I have been wearing the jacket for around 2 months already, and the knits are still like new (although I have to admit that I have pretty thin wrists).

thor

One Too Many
Andy and Platon at BK are always sourcing new and better leather as well as updating designs and details in their line of jackets. BK jackets just keep getting better and better! I will definitely be ordering one of their A-2's in the future!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Andy and Platon at BK are always sourcing new and better leather as well as updating designs and details in their line of jackets. BK jackets just keep getting better and better! I will definitely be ordering one of their A-2's in the future!

I'm an A-2 virgin but have narrowed it down to an ELC or BK. Although the BK is starting to gain a slight lead I think after seeing jackets such as Skip's over at VLJ. That Victory HH is fantastic looking stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points