Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another day, another Bill Kelso Dubow 1755

MightyEighth

Familiar Face
Hey Justhandguns,

Do you still have the Bill Kelso Dubow? If so, how is it holding up after this long?

Looking at picking one up for myself. The fit on yours is perfect, you mention you downsized to get that fit? So your chest measures 40 but you bought a Dubow 38? Still room to squeeze a thin sweater under it?

I'm a 38 with 30 waist, and tempted to order a 36, but don't want it so tight its like a wetsuit, and then have to send it back/ have to buy another one etc...

Last edited:

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Hey Justhandguns,

Do you still have the Bill Kelso Dubow? If so, how is it holding up after this long?

Looking at picking one up for myself. The fit on yours is perfect, you mention you downsized to get that fit? So your chest measures 40 but you bought a Dubow 38? Still room to squeeze a thin sweater under it?

I'm a 38 with 30 waist, and tempted to order a 36, but don't want it so tight its like a wetsuit, and then have to send it back/ have to buy another one etc...

Well, I am wearing it today in fact. It is holding up extremely well. A bit more creases and character, but still very new I must say.
This is my 'go to' A-2 these days. Knits are still very robust. And yes, I have 40" chest. But I must say this is really a tight fit.
Some may find it a bit 'restrictive' when the jacket is new as the leather is quite thick and heavy.

Flash is correct, ask Andy about the measurements, as they are using new Victory HH on the Dubow, so the
fitting may be slightly different. But if you really want a tight slim fit, what you can do is to go down 1 size, and ask BK to lengthen the sleeve and the body, and then you have a slim A-2.

Last edited:

thor

One Too Many
"Some may find it a bit 'restrictive' when the jacket is new as the leather is quite thick and heavy."

I was curious about the thickness of the BK A-2 HH. I've read that a 3-ounce weight is "correct" as per WWII jackets. LW usually had a slightly heavier weight HH in their A-2's (maybe 3.5 ounces?).

JustHandGuns, what's your opinion as to the weight and overall feel (drape) of the BK leather?

zhz

Practically Family
"Some may find it a bit 'restrictive' when the jacket is new as the leather is quite thick and heavy."

I was curious about the thickness of the BK A-2 HH. I've read that a 3-ounce weight is "correct" as per WWII jackets. LW usually had a slightly heavier weight HH in their A-2's (maybe 3.5 ounces?).

JustHandGuns, what's your opinion as to the weight and overall feel (drape) of the BK leather?

LW's HH are slight heavier, I think it is 3.5 or 4 ounces. And this is the reason many ppl think LW's repro isn't accurate. I believe BK uses 3 ounces.

It's also the way LW Dubow repro A2s are tanned resulting in a quite heavy finish..very high armholes..etc. My first repro A2 was a LW. Quite different than an original and other more accurate repros of original Dubows for sure.
HD

zhz

Practically Family
It's also the way LW Dubow repro A2s are tanned resulting in a quite heavy finish..very high armholes..etc. My first repro A2 was a LW. Quite different than an original and other more accurate repros of original Dubows for sure.
HD

Very true, but I still ordered one from LW. It is very good value when they on sale. And the one I orderd is a second generation one, which produced in 1998 according to Stuart, and I think it is even more inaccurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana