Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Classical ballet fans out there?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Firstly, I have never been, but watched a few on TV and thoroughly enjoyed it.
What I am after is some information on some painted album covers. This is the older type shellac discs in a book type cover.
The Ballets in question feature Swan Lake, The Nutcracker and Les Sylphides . The covers are signed E.B. but I cannot find any examples on Google , Ebay or Amazon. I guess the recordings were from the 1940s or 50s featuring Leopold Stokowski and others (as a date guide).

I won't block up the bandwidth with pics till I get an answer. Or pm me please.
Cheers, John.

PeterGunnLives

One of the Regulars
I enjoy it on occasion. Yes, the classical type, not so much the more contemporary kind... to me, contemporary ballet is usually a little too abstract. As far as record albums, I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help, as I only go for vinyl records from the 50s and 60s.

I find that some people I know seem to have this aversion to cultural performances such as ballet, opera, classical music concerts, musical theater, etc., without even giving it a try. To me, it's all just part of being well-rounded in the vintage sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto