Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Cravat Wearers Out There?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Stickpins were worn regardless of the event. You don't wear earrings JUST because it's a special event, do you?

You might wear a cheaper one for day-to-day wear, and break out the antique diamond one for your cousin's wedding, but there was nothing 'special' about them, if you get my drift.

I like the look of a stickpin, but I don't know if I could harpoon my cravats and ties like that...

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
MyHipstaPrint837370561-3.jpg

Finally - the striped cravat I've been looking for, has landed. (So sorry for the rest of the picture)

grantway

New in Town
Meh - I'm at work, and I'm a bit restricted as to what I can/cannot upload and link to from the office machine. I'll be at home an a couple of hours.

However, fastening the 2nd button does give more of a 'push-up' effect.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to have a 2nd button undone..although it is a bit harder to have the 'push-up effect.' Consequently, I make the knot a bit more secure by passing the back or behind blade of the cravat / ascot over the front one again. Takes a bit of practice to get the lengths correct so that the new top blade is not too short and does not fit into the V-shape of the open neck shirt. I have found some cravats are wider..but they were made in France.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Went back to the shop yesterday to see if lightning strikes twice.

It did. But not in the way I expected. Who the hell ever wears a hot pink paisley-patterned cravat in this day and age!?

I passed...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Went back to the shop yesterday to see if lightning strikes twice.

It did. But not in the way I expected. Who the hell ever wears a hot pink paisley-patterned cravat in this day and age!?

I passed...

Ah that'll be a throwback to the 70s to go with the purple velvet blazer, white shagpile carpet in the living room and the snot green Triumph Stag in the driveway :D

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Ohh yes. My favourite necktie to date is my one and only ascot, in vivid red paisley from Gentleman's Emporium. Sadly my wife HATES it with a passion, so I have to be cautious about wearing it. I may try the ultra-casual style of wearing it under the dress shirt with the top button undone and see how that goes over. Here's a pic:
003725_01.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Very handsome, G&T. I've been trying to find a nice red cravat for a while. Perhaps a little brighter in shade than that, though. The one you have looks a bit dark for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana