Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any loungers with good vocal chords?

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I'm sure there are some loungers out there who like to sing, so I was wondering if anyone would like to share with us a video clip or audio clip of him or her singing?
So..............Who's first?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I have a performance this weekend. If I get any good recordings, than I will post them. If not, than wait until April, and I will have a recital's worth, including some old standards.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I have a performance this weekend. If I get any good recordings, than I will post them. If not, than wait until April, and I will have a recital's worth, including some old standards.
Sounds good. I like singing just for fun; mostly Sinatra. I will post a clip if I can figure it out and that way we can maybe have others do the same. It should be fun.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Sounds good. I like singing just for fun; mostly Sinatra. I will post a clip if I can figure it out and that way we can maybe have others do the same. It should be fun.

Mine will be mostly classical/concert music. This weekend is an double header of short modern operas, Trouble in Tahiti by Leonard Bernstein, and The Medium by Gian-Carlo Menotti.

I am looking forward to hearing your crooning. That stuff is always fun.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Ms. 1929 is a veritable songbird with a seemingly unlimited repertoire of vintage Jazz numbers. Also, she's a really good pianist.

You can checkout one of here projects here

FRASER_NASH

One of the Regulars
Johnny J...you need an exorcism my friend, as you've been *possessed* by the spirit of THE CHAIRMAN!! great voice and a great rendition of a fine song.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Johnny J...you need an exorcism my friend, as you've been *possessed* by the spirit of THE CHAIRMAN!! great voice and a great rendition of a fine song.
Thats funny Fraser, thanks for the compliment. Hopefully we can here someone else from the lounge.
Is there anybody else who would not mind sharing a clip of a song they like to sing? Don't be shy.

phantom dancer

A-List Customer
Mighty smooth vocal chords Johnny J! Thanks for sharing. You've asked if any other loungers croon. Here's a You Tube clip of myself with My Bakelite Dance Band. I hope you like it...
[video=youtube;uml5hR947Rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uml5hR947Rs[/video]

FRASER_NASH

One of the Regulars
Nice one Greg! there is a lot of singing talent on FL and I'm sure 'as' folk come across this thread, they'll be sure to post their little pieces.

Derek WC

Banned
Gee, you've got really smooth voices, Johnny J, and phantom dancer. That's a nice head of hair you've got there, phantom, looks like your barber cut hair in the 30's.

I sing, but not publicly. I've been told I sound like Bing Crosby, I'll take a video when I've got some time.

I believe fellow lounger Kools sings.

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Phantom that was great! Yeps and Derek hope to hear something from both of you soon! And Shangas, if you play piano lets here something if you don't mind. Anybody else?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I did one version of me singing, but it was so terrible the neighbour's cats committed felinicide and so I refused to upload it and torture the world. Instead, I have recorded one sans-vocals, specially for the Lounge.

Since it is something that so many people here consistently strive to do, and achieve, either by chance or design...I have decided to "perform" (I use this word loosely), Irving Berlin's famous 1929 show-tune...

[video=youtube;Z8MH1QGEs_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8MH1QGEs_I[/video]

Also, I apologise for the state of my hair. And my appearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk