• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Any loungers with good vocal chords?

Discussion in 'Radio' started by Johnny J, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Johnny J

Johnny J Fedora Lounge Artisan

I'm sure there are some loungers out there who like to sing, so I was wondering if anyone would like to share with us a video clip or audio clip of him or her singing?
    So..............Who's first?

2. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

I have a performance this weekend. If I get any good recordings, than I will post them. If not, than wait until April, and I will have a recital's worth, including some old standards.

3. Johnny J

Sounds good. I like singing just for fun; mostly Sinatra. I will post a clip if I can figure it out and that way we can maybe have others do the same. It should be fun.

4. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

Mine will be mostly classical/concert music. This weekend is an double header of short modern operas, Trouble in Tahiti by Leonard Bernstein, and The Medium by Gian-Carlo Menotti.

I am looking forward to hearing your crooning. That stuff is always fun.

5. Johnny J

Ok, here is me doing "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning".

[video=youtube;0e5n5zogGtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5n5zogGtY[/video]

6. Ms. 1929 is a veritable songbird with a seemingly unlimited repertoire of vintage Jazz numbers. Also, she's a really good pianist.

You can checkout one of here projects here

7. You have a great voice, Johnny. Do you sing at all in public?

8. Johnny J

Thank you. Sing in public? Not really. Once in awhile but just for close friends.

9. I'd do it if anyone would hire me. I'm on the "last call" list in 7 states. lol

10. FRASER_NASH

FRASER_NASH One of the Regulars

Johnny J...you need an exorcism my friend, as you've been *possessed* by the spirit of THE CHAIRMAN!! great voice and a great rendition of a fine song.

11. Johnny J

Thats funny Fraser, thanks for the compliment. Hopefully we can here someone else from the lounge.
    Is there anybody else who would not mind sharing a clip of a song they like to sing? Don't be shy.

12. Mighty smooth vocal chords Johnny J! Thanks for sharing. You've asked if any other loungers croon. Here's a You Tube clip of myself with My Bakelite Dance Band. I hope you like it...
    [video=youtube;uml5hR947Rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uml5hR947Rs[/video]

13. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

I am singing Nina in my recital.

The singing sounds good.

14. FRASER_NASH

FRASER_NASH One of the Regulars

Nice one Greg! there is a lot of singing talent on FL and I'm sure 'as' folk come across this thread, they'll be sure to post their little pieces.

15. Gee, you've got really smooth voices, Johnny J, and phantom dancer. That's a nice head of hair you've got there, phantom, looks like your barber cut hair in the 30's.

I sing, but not publicly. I've been told I sound like Bing Crosby, I'll take a video when I've got some time.

I believe fellow lounger Kools sings.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  16. Beautiful singing, Greg. A marvellous set of pipes. I wish I could sing. People say I have the ability, but not the training. I'll stick to the piano.

17. Johnny J

Phantom that was great! Yeps and Derek hope to hear something from both of you soon! And Shangas, if you play piano lets here something if you don't mind. Anybody else?

18. I did one version of me singing, but it was so terrible the neighbour's cats committed felinicide and so I refused to upload it and torture the world. Instead, I have recorded one sans-vocals, specially for the Lounge.

Since it is something that so many people here consistently strive to do, and achieve, either by chance or design...I have decided to "perform" (I use this word loosely), Irving Berlin's famous 1929 show-tune...

[video=youtube;Z8MH1QGEs_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8MH1QGEs_I[/video]

Also, I apologise for the state of my hair. And my appearance.

19. Johnny J

Shangas, great job on Puttin' on the Ritz!

20. Thanks Johnny. You're far too kind.