Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else has creases on the front of the jacket

zebedee

One Too Many
On the other hand, I had a buddy who saw the vertical fold on my Highwayman shortly after I'd bought it who reckoned that it ruined the look of it. He said that if he'd paid 650 bob for a jacket, he'd be furious.

Because I've known him a long time, I didn't throw him into the path of an oncoming train.

Been trying to capture the crease in my bathroom mirror, but I lack the skills at the multi-angle, low-light bathroom selfie that another FL member has.

onstar

One of the Regulars
I just dont like the creases on the front, i dont even like chest pockets; it messes up the look of the entire jacket -like its too tight. Elsewhere is fine.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
- condition the leather and put some weight on it hoping to unlearn the crease
- make the leather damp, cover it with towel, iron on with low heat setting
- wear it more so it learns new creases to overwrite old creases

the thing is it will come back in more or less the same look and spot.
try google cafe racer jacket with one chest pocket, then compare the crease pattern on the front left and right panel, see the difference.
6c1bb54156ca1d29f7c3676f7bccdb34.jpg
5111154.jpg

5pLkdMn.jpg

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first Highwayman had spent some time as a fit jacket before it came into my possession, and as such it had traveled around the world inside a cardboard box. After wearing the jacket for a little while I noticed two pronounced horizontal creases across the back of the jacket that were the result of being folded and stuffed into a box time and time again. I tried several of the fore mentioned methods to remove the creases but nothing worked for long, those lines always came back.
I guess I understand where you're coming from onstar. Might be time to sell this jacket and pick up a new one. I would take Navetsea's thoughtful advice into consideration as well because I think he's right about the creases and pockets.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Speaking my language. My Aero 4-pocket CR in a 42 is S N U G which is fine for warmer weather wear, not so much past this time of December. And oddly, has developed a large crease vertically in the middle of the back.

willyto

One Too Many
Here I am hoping for my leather jacket to develop creases in the front and all I've got is a clean chest and front. Damn it!

ASb4N0P.jpg

It looks way better now, broken in but the front is still crisp and plain. I think it has to do witht he jacket being roomy in that area so there's a lot of drape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff