Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone for a brand new crated Spitfire?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I was chatting the other day with a guy who specializes in Burma/Myanmar and travels there frequently. His view is that no Spitfires will come out of this and this is all a rather elaborate cover for illegal activities/deals. Make of that what you will.

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
I was chatting the other day with a guy who specializes in Burma/Myanmar and travels there frequently. His view is that no Spitfires will come out of this and this is all a rather elaborate cover for illegal activities/deals. Make of that what you will.

Funny you should post that, I was talking to a friend of mine in the UK that specializes in vintage aircraft and he was saying something very similar.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Earlier this month, the search team found a wooden crate believed to contain one of the planes in the northern Kachin state, but it turned out to be full of muddy water.

Who buries a crate of water at the end of a runway? There must have been something at one time. Pity it wasn't an airplane though.

Matt

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Who buries a crate of water at the end of a runway? There must have been something at one time. Pity it wasn't an airplane though.

Matt
I was asking my self the same question! Then I though, this structure is 30 feet down and flooded, but did not collapse. I think this is not a crate, but rather an air raid shelter. The entrance was probably covered up and forgotten with time. I would like to see some core samples. I know they claimed Canadian lumber, but I don't trust much that they have to say on the subject.

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
So is the end of the story? They found something that may or may not be a crate full of water so they are calling it quits. I have been looking all over the net for some new info and I haven't found anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana