• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Anyone into tent camping?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Blowtorch, May 31, 2017.

1. cm289

cm289 One of the Regulars

I love tent camping but don’t get to go as often as I’d like. Here’s a shot from a Cub Scout campout in April: rained 2” the first night and snowed the next day, but thanks to the tarp I had over us we were as sound as a pound-[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renault, Mr. Godfrey and Desert dog like this.
  2. A certain Mr. Godfrey sent me a health and welfare email about a week ago. So you may blame him for my return inspiration. Lots going on here. He's quite a fellow! Thank you Mr. G!

3. Ahh, Renault, you always have such stylish camps my friend.

And it is good to have you back, young man.

Renault likes this.
  4. Now that's a cool and exciting camp for young people, one they will remember, eh! Reminds me of a time I slept under a bush because of the snow. Love it.

cm289 and Renault like this.
  5. And you're a pretty classy guy yourself G!

Mr. Godfrey likes this.
  6. That's a nice looking bell tent and I hope you have great adventurers in it?. Your right those patrol tents are so heavy but last ages if treated well. I have three in the scout hall loft as we only use nylon these days, for weight, ease for drying and the scouts to have more room.

7. Thank you kindly, I take my inspiration from such good eggs such as yourself. I did get a wool M1916 shirt after seeing yours and it is has been a great asset at camp this year as part of my layering.

Renault likes this.