Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know anything about this hatmaker Daquino?

Blackjack

One Too Many
il_570xN.437714797_3h07.jpg

Blackjack

One Too Many
No, they custom make fur felt fedoras any style you want for $85.00. They have a store on Esty, I was just wondering about quality... All their reviews are very positive, well made, fast build time and delivers, good customer service. But until you hold one in your hand or know someone who has, you're always leery

Last edited:
No, they custom make fur felt fedoras any style you want for $85.00. They have a store on Esty, I was just wondering about quality... All their reviews are very positive, well made, fast build time and delivers, good customer service. But until you hold one in your hand or know someone who has, you're always leery

I've seen them on Etsy too, their hats look nice, but $85 seems too good to be true.

Well, I checked out the etsy site, and the gray hat in the photo says 100% pelo coelho (rabbit) on the tag inside. $86 USD and some change is not an unreasonable price. Enlarged, the felt looks not so smooth, but for the $ you could probably do worse. Domestically produced wool Dobbs & Stetsons go for more than that.
Please give a review if you decide to go for it.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I asked them about the "Portuguese Hat" and they were fast replying.
Made of wool but it could be made in bunny fur by request.
I think I'll go for one.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The major supplier Fepsa is in Portugal so the cost of the bodies wouldnt be so high. Where can you get a hat today for 85.00? I might buy one just to see it.

Blackjack

One Too Many
In case anyone is interested, I ordered my hat custom ( fur felt 2 1/2 brim 5" crown ) The lady who answered me was awesome. No extra charge for non-stock changes, she said 6 days to make the hat and it would ship in one to two weeks... So $87.00 for the hat and $20.00 shipping, not bad at all, and all their reviews I read we're all very pleased with her product. We shall see.

Blackjack

One Too Many
I received the hat, almost three weeks from ordering. I have to tell you guys it's light as a feather and soft as a babies behind. I got the medium grey, and I couldn't be happier with it. The customer service was exceptional, I talked to Luisa and said I was between 59 and 60 cm and the hat arrived marked 59 1/2 and fits better than any hat I've bought including two other customs. I'll post some pics as soon as I get the chance but I will say that if I paid twice as much as I did I would still be thrilled with the hat. This one is a no brainer guys...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk