Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know if there are any repop USN 37J1B jackets?

Lonewolf051

New in Town
I know RealMcCoy's makes them, or made them, but they're sold out and Im not sure if they're making them again. It's a very appealing jacket for when this lousy heatwave subsides... Does anyone else make them?

Cocker

Practically Family
You should check the bay, I saw a couple BR and W&G 37J1B lately. Or you should maybe check with Haley Aviations for one of their M-421B?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buzz Rickson's used to make it. I can only find one size 40 deadstock on Rakuten. My bet is Real McCoy's will make them again. A Japanese military clothing store called Waiper WIP used to have a cheap made in China 37j1b but I am afraid those were sold out too.

Other makers
Freewheelers- Modified winter 37j1B with alpaca lining and hidden knit cuffs
Bronson- Real McCoy's knock-off?

Last edited:

Technonut

Practically Family
You should check the bay, I saw a couple BR and W&G 37J1B lately

The W&G is a decent jacket, except for the overly long wind-flap. I must of grabbed the one you noticed on eBay, since I just purchased it recently. ;) I'm thinking of getting some correct wool knits for mine installed, plus have the wind-flap professionally cut-down to just below the collar like the originals.

From looking over past threads regarding the W&G, I'm fairly certain that I am now the 'custodian' of one which was posted about before, and sold on the classies here. The eBay seller is the owner of Headwind MFG Co ( http://www.headwindmfg.com/ ), and he also included a period-looking 37J1 tag to install if I wish. :)

Here are some pics from the eBay listing:

s-l1600tttt.jpg s-l1600ccc.jpg s-l1600mmm.jpg s-l1600nnn.jpg s-l1600vvv.jpg

Last edited:

Lonewolf051

New in Town
Very nice! I really do love this specific type of flight jacket, very tanker jacket-ish, yet, very much not (Navy flying jacket as opposed to army tank crew/infantry jacket) very unique piece, I wish it was a more widely replicated jacket

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Bump, anyone know of any other makers of this jacket? Real McCoy's sell it, but sadly the 44 is the biggest size they do and would be too small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points