Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archelogical Expedition and Camping Trip

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nick Charles said:
sorry I got carried away when I actually found the tent online. I've had it 5years and its still in the box.

You guys tell me if two sites is the plan I'll get two. Thats enough room for 4 tents do we have another tent. With Marc being called away thats 1 less so its mine and yours is Tone bringing a tent. I'll bring an extension cord with a couple of outlets to it.

Speaking from experience, nighttime in the field (usually with weather and unseasonable cold) is not the time to discover the fly or one of the poles is missing. I always recommend a trial run in the yard for familiarization and inventory.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Has anyone given much thought to food? I haven't been to the grocery store to stock up yet, and I was wondering what to bring. I can pretty much live on hot dogs, potato chips, and beer, but probably others will want some variety.... :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Mojave Jack said:
Has anyone given much thought to food? I haven't been to the grocery store to stock up yet, and I was wondering what to bring. I can pretty much live on hot dogs, potato chips, and beer, but probably others will want some variety.... :)

I am doing the grocery run tonight...mainly because I have a tiny fridge at home and so cant actually stock up on anything in advance....

I figured I would toss some bisquick in the cart....someone has a skillet right?

and then my steak for the steak night....

and probably way too much other random stuff...

but hot dogs are good yea...

and I have the gin and the limes for gin and tonics....will fetch tonic tonight

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Mojave Jack said:
Well, I have the really important stuff, i.e., whisky and cigars! :p

I know there is an In 'n' Out right there by Luke, so we definately won't starve. I could bring some MREs, too! :eek:

I think I will pass on the MRE's thanks!

But being a woman...I will likely bring too much food....and its not -so- far that we cant run and find stuff...

mmmm in and out...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mojave Jack said:
Well, I have the really important stuff, i.e., whisky and cigars! :p

I know there is an In 'n' Out right there by Luke, so we definately won't starve. I could bring some MREs, too! :eek:

I thought you liked these people Jack. ;)

Actually, you might see if anyone wants to try one who never has. Add a bit of "roughing it" flavor... or, lack of flavor. :D

Nick Charles

Practically Family
I'll eat MRE's just no peanutbutter :essen:

I'm bringing eggs, bacon, burger nachos, cheese, rolls, milk, cearal, bagels,pop, pinapple juice, mojito mix, vodka, chambord, cointreau, brandy, beer, lemmons

anyone got light rum hanging around.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Nick Charles said:
I'll eat MRE's just no peanutbutter :essen:

I'm bringing eggs, bacon, burger nachos, cheese, rolls, milk, cearal, bagels,pop, pinapple juice, mojito mix, vodka, chambord, cointreau, brandy, beer, lemmons

anyone got light rum hanging around.

oh boy....how much of all this are we talking here?

what else does anyone need...man.....we are going to spend the weekend eating

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
carebear said:
I thought you liked these people Jack. ;)

Actually, you might see if anyone wants to try one who never has. Add a bit of "roughing it" flavor... or, lack of flavor. :D
lol I just packed one for everybody! I did not pack one for myself, however. No thank you! Fortunately the days of the Chicken ala snot, balls in blood, blood and guts (remember the Ham and Chicken Loaf?! What the heck was that?!)...those are all gone. The new ones include chicken fajita, ham and cheese omelet, etc. I still can't bring myself to eat them when I don't absolutely have to, though.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
What time are you getting here do you think.I'm probably going to head over at 11:00 and start to set up. Everyone got their stuff together and ready to go. Know how to get there and all that kind of stuff. See you in the pm.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I'm shooting for about 1 pm, if I can stop goofing off here and get the rest of the firewood cut and loaded! :eusa_doh: Here's the pile so far, and I think I have about half again as much to cut.

P2154788.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Oh, I still have lots of room! It's a crew cab, and so far the only thing inside are six MREs, just waiting to tempt your tastebuds. Or make you retch, one or the other.
Wow, that's a lot of wood!!

Daisy Buchanan said:
I hope you all have a fun and safe trip. Take lots of pictures, please
Sure thing! Since Miss N. is bringing her laptop, we can even upload straight from the campsite! Should I bring my 50' extension cord? I can throw a spike bar in, too. I'm also bringning my thumb drive, so I can collect photos from others, too.

What a bizarre combination of old/new/rustic/civilized, eh?! lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Mojave Jack said:
Oh, I still have lots of room! It's a crew cab, and so far the only thing inside are six MREs, just waiting to tempt your tastebuds. Or make you retch, one or the other.
Wow, that's a lot of wood!!

Sure thing! Since Miss N. is bringing her laptop, we can even upload straight from the campsite! Should I bring my 50' extension cord? I can throw a spike bar in, too. I'm also bringning my thumb drive, so I can collect photos from others, too.

What a bizarre combination of old/new/rustic/civilized, eh?! lol

Both the spike bar and the cord would be good.....if there is room..

And the laptop has an SD reader inbuilt....so we should be good for any cameras that use that....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points