Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archelogical Expedition and Camping Trip

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
We have pretty much all arrived safe and sound...

if anyone was interested in the trip to the Petroglyphs, it is now tomorrow, instead of Sunday....so you would have to meet us at 8:30 at the Visitors Center.

Pictures to follow....

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Story said:
They've probably moved into the BLAIR WITCH PROJECT part of the trip. :eek:

Nah, the Blair Witch was only threatening to incompetent, unarmed college maroons.

Team Fedora Lounge would either have her tossing back martinis around the fire or buried under a rock by this point. :D

Tone

A-List Customer
Expedition

And so the tales from the expedition begin....

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet those who had planned to come but were unable to attend.

What a great time this was! Thanks to Nick Charles for putting this together.
It was a real pleasure to spend the past few days with such fine and fun folks. Camping, cooking, petroglyphs, ghost towns, tales from the dark side and tales from the far side. Nick Charles and Mojave had this thing laid out so that all ran smoothly. They're still camping as of tonight so before getting too into the tales side of things, here are some pictures with just a taste of the last few days and nights.

What's not to enjoy?
nnmcampfireki7.jpg

Nick Charles instructs on what to do if robbed by an Arizona Field Mouse.
iazmojavehj8.jpg

The fearless D.Jones with her Akubra Traveler investigates the dark and eerie storage basement of a ghosttown workhouse. "Closer," a voice beckoned, "Closer."
djvulturebasementig1.jpg

D.Jones and Monty (terrific late night campfire companions) in front of some old world machinery.
djmoengine1pm8.jpg

Meanwhile:
itoldworldmachinebv5.jpg

"This thing's gotta be able to make popcorn, somehow."

It was a joy and a privilege to have met and spent this time with everyone in the group.

D.Jones, Nick Charles, Miss Neecerie, Mojave, Monty, and Miss Queenie, I had a terrific time! Thank you.

nqmmphotosbg7.jpg

Fine people and a fun few days!

(There will be more pics once everyone returns. I wanted to get a few up here early.)

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Thanks for coming everyone, it was a great time and great cimb;) , We broke camp about 11 this morning, Jack, Queenie and Neecerie ae on the way back to Sunny Cali in the AZ rain, nothing going on today except recouping. It was all great thanks again folks.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Having a canteen that keep your water cool is nice... though if you have ever been in a team trying to find someone lost in the (at least in Yosemite) earthly environment, it's always nice to bring along something brite and unatural looking. Besides I think it has neoprene sides and cotton when wet can easily house bacteria and foster fungus growth which if kept in a tent and not properly with delt can endanger the environment with Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. malvacearum, and we woudn't want that.
You all look smashing.

Looks as though all had a fun excursion. No bites or bruises or lack of food I hope.

Old Deckard saying... "never turn down food on the trail." Anywho... Fantastic photos.

Any singing? If not... here my favorite camp song.

If you need the tune give me a ring.

---------------------------------
Tie Me Kangaroo Down
There's an old Australian stockman, lying, dying,
and he gets himself up on one elbow,
and he turns to his mates,
who are gathered 'round him and he says:

Watch me wallabys feed mate.
Watch me wallabys feed.
They're a dangerous breed mate.
So watch me wallabys feed.
Altogether now!

Tie me kangaroo down sport,
tie me kangaroo down.
Tie me kangaroo down sport,
tie me kangaroo down.

Keep me cockatoo cool, Curl,
keep me cockatoo cool.
Don't go acting the fool, Curl,
just keep me cockatoo cool.
Altogether now!

Take me koala back, Jack,
take me koala back.
He lives somewhere out on the track, Mac,
so take me koala back.
Altogether now!

Let me Abos go loose, Lou, *
let me Abos go loose.
They're of no further use, Lou,
so let me Abos go loose.
Altogether now!

Mind me platypus duck, Bill,
mind me platypus duck.
Don't let him go running amok, Bill,
mind me platypus duck.
Altogether now!

Play your digeridoo, Blue,
play your digeridoo.
Keep playing 'til I shoot thro' Blue,
play your digerydoo.
Altogether now!

Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred,
tan me hide when I'm dead.
So we tanned his hide when he died Clyde,
(Spoken) And that's it hanging on the shed.
Altogether now!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
Any singing? If not... here my favorite camp song.

If you need the tune give me a ring.

---------------------------------
Tie Me Kangaroo Down

That's a very popular and well known tune here!!! It's fun!!!

It looks like everyone had a great time camping, great pictures, thanks for posting!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Fletch said:
Wot larks! But doesn't the young lady know that a canvas covered canteen keeps water much cooler than those newfangled plastic bottle monstrosities, and looks much suaver hanging off a slender hip?

The bright blue "monstrosity" was a very kind loan from Mojave Jack, as I had left my own canteen at home. Frankly, if it hadn't been bright blue, we'd never have been able to find it (or my field bag) after I ditched it halfway up the side of a mountain when I needed all of my digits to climb....Nick Charles, Jack and I would still be way back in Mesquite canyon combing granite crevices at the top of a waterfall to find my wallet and my Holga. Besides, I hate to break this, but sometimes function has to trump style. It held water. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot