Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Here's Dad and I in our panama's

P1010087.jpg

Both crafted this summer.:D by Art Fawcett.
I have a felt version coming to me in the mail as we speak. Hopefully, I'll get it Monday.

Razzman

One Too Many
Blackhorse said:
How about these?

IM001848.jpg

I guess I'm too new to know that Art does Panamas!

IMG_20060616_0001_2.jpg

The proverbial Candy Shop!!! Let's see Mister...I'll have one of those and one of those and...oh heck...I'll just take 'em all!

Blackhorse, the straw hat on the block in that picture is one that I had Art make this past summer. It's Cuenca Fino, with a 5" crown height, 3" wide brim, a 1 5/8 ribbon with a matching bound ribbon edge. It's a terrific hat, I get flattering compliments every time I wear it. I can't wait to have Art make a custom pure beaver hat for me.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Actually Bogart..it's "granite". When I made your hat I couldn't get steel in pure beaver. Afterward I convinced my felter to do a batch of steel for me and the color is terrific.
OK..backing out of this thread again...

Jack of Clubs

New in Town
My first too

I too have placed my first order with Art as well. I ordered a Bourbon St and a Sortaire just waiting for the conformer to come to start the process. I am new but still pawing at the ground. I am just making the transistion to felt from my Tilleys (4) So far I have a Bajo Petersen and a Fed Deluxe can't wait for the Masters works I only hope to be worthy enough

Gary

analogist

One of the Regulars
My Art Fawcett Arsenal

Gary;

My relationship with Art started with a Bourbon Street and a Sportaire. They are super-fine and in my case were just the beginning of a spectacular collection only matched by my friendship with Art.

I have had the pleasure of collaborating with Art on the design of several hats which are now on his regular menu such as Route 66, Spumoni, Cascade, Brooklyn, Goodfellow, Bittersweet, Hoosier, Peach Melba and a bunch more.

You are guaranteed to love your VS Custom Hat and I hope as much as I do.

I also own a few Akubra hats such as Banjo Patterson, Lawson, Traveller. and a Federation Deluxe. They are very nice serviceable hats but cannot hold a candle to the masterpieces coming out of Oregon.

Wear them well!

analogist

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Does Art make any hat that you want him to make? I only see a few styles on his website and I think I remember reading something about him having a limited run of each. Can someone clarify this please.

Barry

Practically Family
IMG_20060616_0001_2.jpg

In the photo of the cabinet is the light colored hat with the blue ribbon (it's on the next to bottom shelf, to the left of the red stingy brim) made from the "Silver Mist" colored felt?

Barry

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
HI Solo, I thought I'd better answer this one. Most of the hats I produce are not of the Limited Editions, but rather "one of kind" . Yes, the Editions are there for ideas and basic styles, but I get more of the "I want a Sportaire style but in the Granite color and green ribbon" type orders, making them completely custom to the client. I would say Yes to your question but my skills are still limited to the fedora/homburg family of hats. No bowlers, tophats, caps here. Although I can do westerns my shop isn't complete enough to do them with the same expertise as others in that field so I shy away from them. Besides, I hand sew everything but the bindings so westerns cramp ( literally) my style..OK..hands. They just aren't that big.:D

Anlogist..what can I say? Collaberation is SO important, but not as much as friendship. For those of you who don't know Mr. A already, please know that he has inspired at least 15 designs and counting. Most of the new website ( forthcoming) will be filled with Limited Editions born from our conversations and experiments. What fun!!!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Yes Barry, it is. I can't continue that exact hat as I ran out of the ribbon after 8 hats but I have the felts ready for the next design...umm...Analogist?? does this sound like a challenge? hehe

spiridon

A-List Customer
Art Fawcett said:
Yes Barry, it is. I can't continue that exact hat as I ran out of the ribbon after 8 hats but I have the felts ready for the next design...umm...Analogist?? does this sound like a challenge? hehe

That's a shame, 'cuz that's one fine looking hat! I think that happens to be my favorite in that particular picture.......with the two grey ones (one has a brown ribbon the other has what looks to be a grey ribbon) on the 2nd row from the top being a close second favorite(s).:D

Barry

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:

Ok, I know you guys will come up with something fun. :) I have had my eye on that color for a while.

Barry

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Took the plunge!

Just put in my order with Art! A fedora based on the one worn by Maurice Hines in the movie The Cotton Club! Damn excited about it! Damn excited!

So, Art, is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112