Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Barry

Practically Family
tm3 said:
barry, great hat! i love the color.

what is the brim width?

is that any particular "style," e.g. like the howard hughes, etc.?

The brim with is 2.5. That seems to be just about the perfect length for me. I can wear a brim a tiny bit longer but I think 2.5 is just right.

There is no particular style but I think it looks somewhat like the hat that I've seen J. Edgar Hoover wearing in some photos. I don't know the color of the ribbon on Hoover's hat because all of the photos I've seen are in black and white.

Barry

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
Wow...I've been thinking hard about a "next" one and have also centered on the silver mist. I'm not sure about the ribbon color - might depend on availability. Yours, in any event, looks absolutely fine. Excellent job all 'round.

OK - I've been procrastinating too long. I need to get out the Canon and take some shots of my first and fairly recent Fawcett Fedora for posting. I'll do it today!!!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
2000 grit "pouncing paper" ... Nope no such a thing....

Barry said:
Here is my latest hat. It's Silver Mist with a blue ribbon - I like the touch on the bow. This hat is very similar to the one that was displayed on Art's shelf.

silvermist1.gif

silvermist2.gif

Barry

Unlike some hatters well really only one that always is crying and babbling about how good his hats are , Art Fawcett just makes the best hat money can buy for any price. Now thats the Truth...:D A touch of class in every hat!

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
My second from Mr Fawcett:

jt_vs2_01.jpg

jt_vs2_02.jpg

The color is Mojave. 2 5/8" brim, 5 3/4" crown. 1" ribbon, and it's a fantastic rust sort of color - maybe Art can elaborate on it.
Oh, and I did the bash myself.

Joel

WEEGEE

Practically Family
My next on the way...soon

Introducing the "Hoosier" from the creative team of analogist and Art Fawcett.

Hoosier_1.jpg

Hope one of the men will chime in on the inspiration for this.

spiridon

A-List Customer
I really, really like the "look" of that one WEEGEE.......I like the classic, yet a little bit non-traditional look of these latest offerings being shown. Very, Very nice!:eusa_clap

Joel Tunnah said:

jt_vs2_01.jpg

jt_vs2_02.jpg

The color is Mojave. 2 5/8" brim, 5 3/4" crown. 1" ribbon, and it's a fantastic rust sort of color - maybe Art can elaborate on it.

Joel

Holy Crimony! That is a cool color and ribbon combination. Very nice hat.
Art does it again. I had no doubt he would though. :p

Regards to all,

J
Biased hat lover.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Barry said:
Here is my latest hat. It's Silver Mist with a blue ribbon - I like the touch on the bow.
silvermist2.gif

Excellent hat! Art's work is getting better all the time (even though they seemed perfect a year ago). That riboon is smashing!! I especially like the light binding.

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
OK let's give this a try. This is my first and only (thus far) custom, and of course it's a Fawcett...a work of Art. Size: 7 5/8 LO, brim: 2.75, ribbon: 2.0, crown: 4.75 at the top of the current bash, which is a "C" crown style. The color is a nice dark gray...the ribbon matches it almost exactly. I was trying to match it to the hat in my avatar shot...came out very well and fits like a dream (of course). Now, I've had trouble in the past with photos, but I'll give it a shot.

The shot of the hat alone shows a pretty good, but slightly light, rendition of the color.

th_Hatalonecorrected.jpg

The next photos are compromised by having my questionable mug included.

th_Hatleftcorrected.jpg

th_Hatrightcorrected.jpg

Well, that should do it! Any movie offers, just contact my agent. :cool2:

Thanks Art! Great job as per usual...no one expected any less.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Blackhorse Great looking hat. Is that brim turned down all around, or is it just the angle?

Joel Isn't Mojave a fantastic color!?!

WEEGEE What color is that "Hoosier". It's really sharp.

NB

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
It's down all the way around...a stipulation in the design. I'm going to work on getting it down just a tad more in the next week or so. As I recall you have a hat that is nearly a duplicate!?!?

Anyway, maybe this will help.

th_Hatsidecorrected.jpghttp:

Blackhorse_album

riccardo

Practically Family
Barry said:
Here is my latest hat. It's Silver Mist with a blue ribbon - I like the touch on the bow. This hat is very similar to the one that was displayed on Art's shelf.

silvermist1.gif

silvermist2.gif

Barry

Hi Barry,
i love this hat, has it a tapered crown? I cannot see it in the pic.
I've experimented that for me are good hats with hight crown straight sided with a good dimension brims.
I think I'll put on the classifield my good Stylemaster , someone said me that it is too small for my face.
RICCARDO.

Barry

Practically Family
riccardo said:
Hi Barry,
i love this hat, has it a tapered crown? I cannot see it in the pic.
I've experimented that for me are good hats with hight crown straight sided with a good dimension brims.
I think I'll put on the classifield my good Stylemaster , someone said me that it is too small for my face.
RICCARDO.

Riccardo,

The brim is slightly tapered. When I get back to DC I will post a picture of the front and sides so you can see better. A little bit of taper is okay for me. At the same time I have another hat from Art which is Midnight Blue and has that "stovepipe" look (almost). It looks great on me too.

Also, I have tried longer brims and while I can wear a little bit over 2 1/2inches it starts to look a bit too big for my head. I have a Federation that I feel just overwhelms my face.

Barry

Barry

Practically Family
Joel Tunnah said:

Joel

Joel,

I love that hat. The color of the felt and the ribbon look great together.

Barry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto